“Not good”

Add it.
Carrie's Soul Food Cafe
Ranked #9 of 22 Restaurants in Louisa
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Our southern fried chicken breast was raw inside. Service was slow and indifferent. Green beans over cooked (but I understand that this is a regional difference and perhaps not a reflection on the quality of the food)
Atmosphere not inviting.
Would not return

Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

Hands down the best fish ever! Sandwich or dinner they make it when you order it. Chicken livers are very good. The mac-n-cheese is homemade goodness. Pasta salad is great. I haven't found anything I didn't like. Wonderful staff and wonderful food.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Stopped in with my daughter, got fried chicken, greens and corn bread. It was nothing fancy but the meal was quite good. Service was promp,5t.

Reviewed 30 September 2016

I highly recommend this restaurant. When I saw the sign out front for the pork chop dinner special, I made a point of going there for dinner. I had pork chops with macaroni and cheese and collard greens. My boyfriend had liver and onions with double macaroni cheese. We both enjoyed our meals quite a bit!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Have looked forward to checking out Carrie's Soul Food. I read several reviews indicating that the service isn't very professional and that turned out to be something that influenced my opinion of the experience.

Unfortunately I was stuck at home but a kind friend got carry out. I phoned in the order and let the person taking it know when it would be picked up. She seemed ok with that, saying that she would put it in 20 minutes or so before pickup. That didn't happen: the order wasn't put in until he arrived so there went an unnecessary amount of wait time.

I got a cheeseburger and it was all right; my side order was green beans and they were straight out of a can.

My friend got a fish sandwich. It was enormous! He had asked for potato salad but got fries and didn't feel like hanging around to have the mistake corrected.

Best thing we concluded: it's cheap! You couldn't eat at McDonald's for these prices.

Been to Carrie's Soul Food Cafe? Share your experiences!