“A Lovely Little Secret in Lovettsville :-)”

Market Table Bistro
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Lovettsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Origin Specific Cuisine Local Season Lunch, Dinner and Brunch(Saturday & Sunday) Pet Friendly Patio
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Hidden away in the small town of Lovettsville, VA is the DELIGHTFULLY DELICIOUS Farm to Table Restaurant known as Market Table Bistro. The dining experience is a true pleasure from the moment you enter the quaint and simply designed space to the moment you leave in a "food coma" (the result of having experienced a wonderful meal). The menu changes seasonally with products that are locally sourced and the wine and "spirit" menu is equally pleasing. I suggest the seasonal sangria when available, the deviled eggs (which also change often), the mac and cheese (not your ordinary variety), the "fresh catch" and the ever pleasing filet. You MUST save room for dessert as well as the selections are the perfect end to this taste bud extravaganza. MTB is perfectly suited for a special occasion, Sunday brunch, "girls day out" luncheon, or family dinner. Market Table Bistro is WORTH THE TRIP to the little town that begins with LOVE.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We happened upon this restaurant after biking the canal trail thinking we could eat outside for a bite to eat. We were welcomed inside since all the outside tables were booked! Felt underdressed but were reassured that casual was welcome. The food is amazing, very creative and definitely gourmet. Very nice choice of handcrafted cocktails and wine. Our appetizer was a selection of asparagus inspired delicacies, artitistically arrayed on a platter. Our entrees were equally wonderful. We had to have the rhubarb tart! Yum.

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Market Table Bistro could be the talk of the Virginia, West Virginia, and Maryland area. It could be the place that everyone who is anyone has to dine, at least once. Sadly, it appears, though, that Market Table Bistro is getting in its own way of success by offering a very limited menu and charging outrageous amounts.

Market Table Bistro uses produce from local farms to create their epicurean delights. I definitely got a uniquely homegrown feel about the restaurant. However, Market Table Bistro appears to struggle between its down to earth desire to sponsor local farms and its pretentious desire to provide fine dining. Even the name, Market Table Bistro, contradicts what you will find at this restaurant. By definition, a bistro is a small restaurant, serving moderately priced simple meals in a modest setting. The meals are definitely not moderately priced and definitely not simple. Each item is painstakingly created by the hands of a genius chef with a delectable yet not totally clear vision.

I ordered the strawberry rhubarb moonshine, and my husband ordered a pilsner beer. My husband is not one for the craft beers sold at places like Market Table Bistro, but he absolutely loved the pilsner here. My daughter's soda and husband's beer came in those canning glasses that are so fashionable as beverage glasses nowadays, and my moonshine came in a snifter glass.

My daughter had a difficult time finding anything on the very limited menu to order, so she decided on the macaroni and cheese, which was technically an appetizer, and was only ten bucks.

My husband and I both ordered the steak, rare. The steak was done spot-on perfect for a rare and was unbelievably delicious. My husband did not like that the steak was piled on top of the spinach and potatoes in a way he termed "pretentious". Having my food piled didn't bother me. But, the taste of the food was the highlight of the meal, as it should be, and Market Table Bistro far exceeded expectations in the taste category.

The bill was over $120. I find that a bit steep for what we ordered. The overpricing is the single reason for the point deduction.

The reason for my lengthy review if because I want readers to understand that Market Table Bistro is not your ordinary restaurant. There's an earnest objective to make your meal memorable, as well as delicious, while using locally grown produce. And, it definitely hits its mark.

1  Thank girlygirl243
Reviewed 17 May 2017

This is an exceptional restaurant where the chef showcases his passion for creating and cooking many pleasing dishes using local products. You will never be disappointed here with any meal.

Reviewed 25 April 2017

We were out visiting clients and were recommended to stop in for lunch. It was wonderful. My hubby had the fried chicken and waffles, and I had the mac and cheese and bib lettuce salad with filet tips. The house brewed tea was wonderful. Great spot! Will dine again. Highly recommend.