All reviewsliberty universitythe ice makerroom was cleanwaffleswalk in showerfront desk staffwithin walking distancebasketball tournamenthot showerwould stay here againvery nice place to stayenglish muffinin townneeded a place to staybreakfast attendantother hotelsstayed for one night
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

First I want to say what a wonderful night manager this hotel has. He went above and beyond! Even suggested nearby places to get a bite to eat and this was like 12 am. I hate it that I have forgotten his name. Even gave me a late checkout. This is a very clean hotel! Nice comfy bed and a large hot shower was just what I needed after my long trip. Good breakfast in the am as well. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I stayed here one night in March 2018, asked for a quiet room, everything was great from check in to check out. Appreciated the non skid mat for the shower, many hotels don't provide this and it sure makes a difference. The room was clean, staff was helpful, plenty of parking and easy access. I will stay here again. Breakfast was good, more than I expected, juice, coffee/tea, cereal, waffle, fruit, pastry. The dining area was kept clean by the staff and items were restocked.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve never written a bad review for a hotel, as I understand that no place is perfect and that there must be a middle ground when opinions come into play. However, I was very disappointed in the refusal to compromise for our teenagers time together this past week at the Sleep Inn. I will preface this in saying that everywhere we go- restaurants, gyms, schools- with these 2 teams, we get complimented on how respectful and well behaved they are. They are great young adults and we’ve never had any behavior issues with any one of them. When it snows and everything closes, and teenagers have several hours to burn, there needs to be some sort of allowance for them to be able to at least play board games in the breakfast rooms or use the conference room. We don’t allow boys and girls in the same hotel rooms- and we have adults with them everywhere when they are together. They were playing games (supervised) in the breakfast room together at 2:00 in the afternoon and were told by a very grumpy female assistant manager that they couldn’t play games in there because it was too noisy- even though they were not yelling or screaming or running around or doing anything unreasonable. To make things worse, no other options were given to them to be able to do anything as a group in the hotel. I’ve stayed at a LOT of hotels in my lifetime, and have stayed at quite a few for basketball tournaments. Never have I seen hotel management as rude, condescending and unwilling to compromise as they were here. Not to mention that the female assistant manager looked like she just rolled out of bed and came to work. I am speechless at the lack of professionalism this management team showed. If a hotel is going to accept groups, they need to also allow an area for these groups to be able to congregate, as long as the group is well behaved and reasonable. I found it absolutely ridiculous that there was also a conference room, that was not used all week to my knowledge, that we were also allowed to use for games either. No compromise was even attempted. It was a huge damper on what is usually a very fun and bonding week for these teams. I will say that the rooms were clean and everything else was satisfactory, in my opinion. Brendan and Steve were very friendly and helpful. They are the ONLY two staff members I can say that about at this hotel. They both greeted us with smiles on their faces when they were there and asked how we were and asked if there was anything we needed. They are the exception here. The two women that our coaches had to deal with should not be in any position of customer service anywhere, and definitely not management. We will not be staying here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica F
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I am a positive person who usually only writes a review when I loved a place, but my stay here was extremely disappointing to say the least. We were in town for a large basketball tournament (98 teams participated in it). We booked a block of 14 rooms for our two teams and all their families, so we had a lot of adult supervision. We had 17 teenagers who enjoy hanging out together when they are not playing basketball games. The hotel staff would not allow our players (with adult supervision) to hang out in any of the public spaces together, due to the noise levels. Our kids were not loud. They simply were 17 kids making normal noise. It snowed while we were there and the mall closed so our only option was to hang out at the hotel between games. So we bought some board games for them to play in the dining area at 2:00 in the afternoon. The hotel staff told us we were not allowed to close the dining room doors, which we wanted to do to keep the noise level down. So we had to play games with doors open and the staff complained that we were making too much noise. We asked to use the meeting room, behind closed doors, and we were not allowed to do that either because "there are hotel rooms next to the meeting room". So our kids ended up sitting in the hall outside their rooms. Of course, this brought hotel staff to the 3rd floor again, to complain.
In addition, the beds were very uncomfortable. We awoke with back aches each day. The showers are only comfortable if you are shorter than 5'6". The basketball players complained that they had to bend down to shower, and this includes the players who are only 5'9".
Breakfast ran out of fruit early in the week that we were there. The breakfast staff told us that they always run out of bananas in the first day when teams stay at the hotel and she would not get more in until next week. If she knows this happens, why not order more bananas than normal so that they will last longer?
Ultimately, we asked the hotel management if there was any way they would work with us to allow our kids to hang out together in their facility and they were not willing to try to find any compromises. The manager never said she was sorry that we had had a bad stay. She only made excuses and accused me of lying when I said the kids always had adult supervision. In the rooms there is a card that says our satisfaction is guaranteed. From the perspective of the teams and parents who stayed at this hotel, the Sleep Inn had no desire to give us any level of satisfaction and we will never stay there again.
Bottom line, if you are in town for a tournament and you have kids who might make noise, stay at the Holiday Inn Express. Their staff was very friendly to us last year and gave us excellent customer service. They were very accomodating to our teams and made our stay very enjoyable. I cannot say any of the same about the Sleep Inn.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank TigerMama91
Amanda N, General Manager at Sleep Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Thank you for taking time to send in this candid review of your stay. It is unfortunate that your group had such a negative experience while attending the Home school Basketball Tournament this year. The Sleep Inn accommodates groups year round so it is disappointing to know that we failed to make your visit an enjoyable one.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We called around everywhere in Lynchburg,and no hotels were available.This hotel came to our rescue, and we had an amazing stay. The room was very clean, it had a great view of the mountains, and was a perfect size, absolutely no issues with our room. The staff were very helpful and nice, they are also Christian. The breakfast was great, and our stay was very quiet and peaceful. This is a great place to stay if you are around the Lynchburg area traveling. On our next trip to Lynchburg, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business