“Great Breakfast Spot”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Market at Main serves breakfast all day and was recently named the Best Breakfast in Lynchburg by Lynchburg Living.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Our family ate two breakfasts here over a weekend stay. Both meals were delicious. The restaurant does get crowded after 9:30am, but we arrived before 9 and were able walk right in. The service is super and our meals came out quickly. One of us had an egg sandwich, another had a two-egg breakfast with sausage and grits. The egg sandwich was perfect as were the scrambled eggs and sausage. The grits were a little too runny and had lumps of un-melted cheese. Other items we had included a blt with fried green tomatoes. All in all, we really liked this restaurant and the prices were very reasonable for a prime downtown location.

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We were doing some exploring in Lynchburg and needed some lunch. Found the Market at Main, I fell in love as soon as I walked in. The original tin ceiling, the wood floors, and the Woolworth style counter. If you like an early American "soda fountain" lunch counter atmosphere then you will probably love it as much as I do! The food was on point and brought out rather quickly. I had a grilled chicken sandwich that came with a side of fries. Think it was around 9 bucks. We like it there so much I returned to sit at the counter a couple days later for breakfast and even bought a shirt on the way out. There are higher end places but if you want to keep it simple with a great atmosphere and great food, this is the spot!

Reviewed 21 August 2017

I have been eating here for several years and enjoy the variety of food from breakfast to dinner. They are adding fried pickles and catfish- both are some of the best I've eaten. There is also talk of a new menu to add some items that they are experimenting with now. I always enjoy the food there with reasonable prices and great variety. It is a quaint atmosphere, remains me of the 40s or 50s.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We heard good things about this restaurant so gave it a try today. We went for lunch and really wanted to like it, but it was just ok. One of us had breakfast, one a salad and the others a burger and a sandwich. Our waitress wasn't that friendly and never came back to our table to refill drinks until after the food came...which took a long time. The breakfast omelet was lukewarm and unimpressively small, the bagel was bla like it came from a frozen cheep brand etc etc. We will not be returning customers.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Great brunch spot on a Saturday morning! The food and service were fantastic! We had no wait for our party of 7 and we all enjoyed everything that we ordered!

Been to Market at Main? Share your experiences!