Winridge Manor(Madison Heights)
US$99
US$109
Sleep Inn(Lynchburg)
US$95
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2017

It was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. First of all no one was at the front desk when I arrived which was about 10pm. Door was closed. Flag number one. When a lady finally showed up after ringing door bell. Room looked old and dirty. No phone. Fire alarm wires sticking out. Tissue in the peep hole. Following morning ready for check out. Housekeeping with a shopping cart. It was a nightmare!!! I must add I'm a tough woman but I've never felt unsafe like they in my life.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
AbviLynchburg, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Traveler, Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate the fact that you took the time to let us know that your stay was not up to your expectations. We apologize for this and will certainly look into your comments and take any appropriate action. It is our goal to provide all of our guests with quality service and comfort at an exceptional price.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to make any necessary improvements and will stay with us again or another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located throughout the country.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

We have stayed here several times when we were vendors at the Virgina Wine and Garlic Festival .The first times the Motel was OK and was better than the other offerings in Madison Heights... This past weekend we were there again and it was horrible! We had our whole family (4) and they gave us one big towel and tiny packages of shampoo and tiny soap. The Continental breakfast was bagels,cream cheese ,coffee and SunnyD In previous years they had fresh made waffles, milk ,pastries , doughnuts,cereals and other things . We arrived for breakfast at 7 and the guy that worked there was still asleep . He made us wait outside in the rain until he was ready with the breakfast. The upholstered chair in our room was torn and tattered. There was a place to hang our clothes but no hangers. The bottom sheets would not stay on the bed meaning you work up on a motel Mattress! . We will be looking for another place to stay... We are disapointed and don't plan to stay there again It is sad that there is no decent place to stay in Madison Heights or Amherst.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 August 2016

My partner reserved a room at this “hotel” for a get-a-way. We were visiting Lynchburg, VA to attend Friday Cheers, an outdoor event, which included a DJ and a live band.
Upon our arrival at the “hotel” I knew that I would not be staying! To say that this place is unclean and not well maintained would be the understatement of all understatements.
The room had a bed that I wouldn’t allow my dog to sleep in. The sheets were torn and DIRTY!! My partner called the front desk to ask for a CLEAN set of sheets. (why he did that, I will never know, because I was not staying another minute) When “house-keeping” arrived, they brought with them a set of sheets that were equally as bad. They were balled up (not folded) and looked as if they were taken directly out of the dirty clothes hamper.
When “house-keeping” starting to remove the sheets from the bed, there was the biggest STINK BUG that I have ever laid eyes on. The bug was IN the bed. It was under a quilt, a blanket and a top sheet. Now, I don’t know much about bugs but I don’t think they have the capability to turn down the bed and get in.

The "pool" had every dead bug that used to live in Virginia floating around.

If you enjoy your health and a good night’s sleep, NEVER stay at America’s Best Inn located at 5016 S Amherst Hwy, Madison Heights, VA 24572

Room Tip: A room at another hotel would be a good room!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melanie H

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 9 August 2016

This is by far the worst Motel we stayed in during our 2 weeks on the road! The first room they gave us ranked with smoke, had stains on the bed sheets, and the mattress was broken. Management apologized and gave us another room. That one had burn holes in the bed sheets, and the floor had not been cleaned! Again management oplogized, put a new mattress in original room and of course clean bedding. Would not recommend this Motel!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ray D

Dear Valued Guest:

Reviewed 1 August 2016

If you like holes in the chairs, holes in the mattress, bugs in the bathroom and lights that don't work, then you might like this place. It was the dirtiest place I ever tried to stay at. They are not around to help you when you call them for light bulbs or any other issues. They false advertise.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business