“Hickory Notch...Notch so good...”

Hickory Notch Grill
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Maidens
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I had read good reviews on TripAdvisor so we wanted to try this place. Unfortunately for us, this was our first and last trip there. The pulled pork was good, and the hush puppies were great...however, for almost $40, more than the hush puppies should have been great! The waitress asked my friend how he wanted his prime rib cooked, he said medium and it arrived very well done--way over cooked, and it had a smoky flavor--he even thought it was pork. The side of 2 boiled potatoes had obviously been cooked hours ago, the inside of both potatoes was brown and the taste was terrible. We had both chosen Lima beans also as a side. The limas had NO taste at all, even after adding salt & pepper and butter, we still could not eat them. We were both very disappointed in the food, plus there were only 4 other couples in there and we waited almost 30 minutes for our food. When the waitress finally came to ask how everything tasted (near the end of our meal) I pointed to the brown potatoes and commented that they had been cooked for a while and were not good. She replied, "I'll let them know.".....there's too many good places to eat just a few miles down the road in Short Pump, so we won't be stopping at Hickory Notch Grill again.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Had the pulled beef. nice taste. sauce not spicy but tasty. Sunday night was quiet and perfect place to reunite with longtime dear friends.

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I split their BBQ platter. First off, the ribs were sub-par. Ribs should be cooked long enough that they practically fall off the bone. These were undercooked and tough. The chicken, pulled pork, beef, and sausage were all good, though. The sides were good, my wife particularly liked the fried okra. We also enjoyed our desserts, cappaceno chocolate cake and apple cobbler. And the wait staff were very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Four of us were on the way to Richmond. One of the people in the group had eaten here before. It’s off the beaten path and you would not know it was there. We stopped for dinner. We sat on the outdoor patio which had a nice view of the woods. Service was a little slow but the food was delicious. I got the Caesar salad with salmon. It came in a huge mixing bowl. It was delicious. For dessert I had the half serving of their apple cinnamon cobbler. It too was delicious. I will definitely stop again now that I know it’s there.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

We love going to locally owned places, the decor is a little dated, but the food is home cooking at a great value. Owners and staff are all really nice.

Been to Hickory Notch Grill? Share your experiences!