Mountainside Villas
US$88
SleepInn
US$99
US$75
The Summit - 3640(McGaheysville)
All reviewsmassanutten resortjacuzzi tubwater parkthese unitsunit sleepsdownstairs bathroomwelcome basketwasher dryer in the unitmini golftrash bagsspent a week herequiet weekfull bathfamily adventuregerman restaurantgo kartssales tour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I've always enjoyed my trips to Massanutten over the years, but I found my unit at Mountainside Villas for my Christmas family vacation had a quirky layout and needed upgrading. My advice is to ask the right questions when booking. Our 2 bedroom/2 bath unit, in addition to having creaking floors, had no bathroom in either bedroom. One bathroom was upstairs to be shared by the two bedrooms, and the other bathroom was smack by the entrance door downstairs...but it did contain a large whirlpool tub and mini sauna. There were no curtains in the bedrooms...only window blinds, which did a poor job of blocking out the morning light. (But that's personal preference, I guess.) On the other hand, the activities at the resort were great and the staff very friendly. Skiing, snowboarding, the indoor water park, and the Fitness Center all helped to make the trip a memorable one. (My kids enjoyed the 4 and 8-hour skiing and snowboarding packages, which included all equipment & lessons)

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

I booked this condo through endless vacation certs for my husband's birthday. It was well worth every penny paid. The front desk staff was polite and helpful, and the unit is set right up on the mountainside with a great golf course and ski slope view. The unit itself was incredibly spacious and while it qas a little dated, it was very clean and well equipped. It more than met every expectation. The resort itself has plenty of indoor and outdoor activities to keep everyone happy. There's a little of something for everyone. Plus...who can be unhappy with an in unit private sauna and 2 seater Jacuzzi tub! This was our first stay with mountainside villas but I do t think it will be our last. Very happy customers here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Kris and Alex at Check-in went above and beyond to help me out. This was the best family trip we have ever been on. They answered all of our questions and made extra accommodations without hesitation.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We spent four nights at the Mountainside Villas. Massanutten Resort is a large area which houses several separate "neighbourhoods", Mountainside Villas being one of them. From what I understand the villas are older, being built in the 70's and 80's. Having said that, these units are upgraded regularly and are in very good condition. They are large, two bedroom, two bathroom with a separate upstairs seating area with a sofa bed. Kitchens are clean, bright, fully equipped. Our unit had a sauna and jacuzzi, I think they all do. There is plenty to do in the area, golfing, sightseeing, water parks, skiing, restaurants. Close to Harrisonburg. We would definitely stay in these Villas again.

Room Tip: We were in Unit 58 which was in very good shape.
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2017

We have stayed at Mountainside Villas a few times now and love the units, all the amenities and the area in general. Very pretty with a lot to do. Beds are comfortable and the area is pretty quiet. Large fully stocked kitchen makes it easy to feel at home and cook as needed. Two decent sized bedrooms, unit sleeps a total of 8 with 2 bathrooms. Fireplace is nice and each unit as its own sauna which is nice on a cold fall day. Some units have stairs or decent walk to get to unit from parking spot which can be a hassle when initially getting in or packing out. Nice decks with plenty of wildlife all around. Wonderful place to visit.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple