“Good but a little Expensive”
Review of Campfire Grill

Campfire Grill
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in McGaheysville
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Description: This casual dining venue pays homage to the outdoors and the spirit of adventure, making it a must-visit destination for hungry campers of all ages. Camp stove chili, chicken dumplings, campfire pouches, and skillets are just a few favorites served at our scenic mountain setting. Just make sure to save room for the s'mores!
Reviewed 12 October 2021 via mobile

My shrimp dinner and drink were good, not great, but definitely GOOD. My only thing is for what I paid I would have honestly enjoyed a meal elsewhere in hindsight. I’d definitely go back but “not that special for the price paid”. Hope this helps.

Date of visit: October 2021
Write a reviewReviews (156)

Reviewed 16 September 2021

I wish I remembered our servers first name. She was awesome! Her recommendations were right on the money. Everything was delicious.

Reviewed 2 September 2021

Hmmm...let me start by saying the 'welcome' lacked enthusiasm. When we arrived, 2 people sat at the reception station. They didn't really greet you, they just wanted to know how many were in the party. The restaurant didn't seem very crowded, but we had to wait. After a few minutes wait, we were told we had to sit at a 'high' table else we had to sit outside with a 'thunderstorm' looming else we had to wait 20 minutes - we waited. Thought it was worth it. We waitied for about 15 (so not bad). First, let me say - Geneva (waitress) and (Bob - I can't remember his name so calling him that - he's an artisit - the manager) were both GREAT! The conversations we had with them are memorable for me! I'll surely look them up should I go back that way! To the meal - it was 'average'. I ordered the campfire grill trio (chicken, steak and shrimp). It was 'average.....the chicken was grilled as hard as the charcoal grill it was cooked on. I returned and got a better piece but taste was still 'charcoal' - no other flavor. The shrimp was not what I expected ... the steak was 'average'. The sides, below average - potatoes tasted like they'd been there all day, onions had no flavor. The best on the plate was the broccoli. My companion had the 'STEAK Special' where a local farmer had 'just for us' sent a special cute 'RIBEYE' - the size of the steak was good, the appearance was good - the taste was 'tasteless'. He requested it 'well done' and it WAS WELL done! He didn't want to send his back because I had already sent back the chicken, and a glass of 'water'. I had requested the water and then wanted a glass of 'ice' well, the ice was delivered and when I poured the water into the glass, it went all over the table and all over my companion - there was a HOLE in the bottom of the glass. During our meal, there was a young man moving chair cushions through the dining area and as our meal ended, found that the prior guest/busboy had left us 'used napkins' on the window ledge just above my shoulder - I was grossed out (didn't even see it until my meal was over). Suffice to say, I would think twice, before trying this place again. And only because of Geneva and Bob! Bob's art work is AMAZING and his drawing/painting suggestions are worth it!

Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

Our experience started with the hostess, we asked for a table near the window and you thought we had asked for her to donate a kidney. Total attitude!! We then ordered drinks, mine was with tonic. The tonic was flat and I asked for it to be corrected and it was. The food was good and the waiter was fine. I got the bill and there was an extra charge for tonic water. I paid almost $4.00 for about an 2 ounces of tonic water. Needless to say we are not going back to this place on our vacation. I left a healthy tip its the point not the price. I was not even asked if I wanted a more expensive tonic to correct their mistake. Do you self a favor avoid this place

1  Thank aries4jimm
Reviewed 29 July 2021

We traveled to Massanutten Resort for our anniversary, and decided to try Campfire Grill for breakfast one morning. There was hardly anyone there when we arrived around 9:30 a.m. Service was slow, even with 2 servers and an empty restaurant. Other tables were served before us, even though they were seated after us. I ordered the Campfire Breakfast for $9, which included 2 eggs "from the grill" (more like from the buffet line - these were not fresh eggs), breakfast potatoes (mushy potato wedges cooked with onions - not my favorite), choice of meat, and toast. My husband ordered the S'mores pancakes, which were very rich and sweet, but delicious. I was not impressed with my meal. My husband absolutely loved the breakfast potatoes (wedges with onions) because it reminded him of something his late grandfather used to make. I'm glad they made him happy.

Date of visit: July 2021