“Nice lunch in Cold Harbor”

Cold Harbor Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 123 Restaurants in Mechanicsville
Cuisines: Deli
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had lunch here while shopping in the area earlier today. Bottom line: we felt that it was a very nice lunch option. My wife had a BLT and I had the redeye burger, an 8 ounce hamburger patty, complete with Friday egg and cheese. We both had french fries and I had a side order of coleslaw. We each had a soft drink, and the total for the lunch was $22… A price that we felt it was reasonable. Our server was prompt, efficient and friendly… and the overall restaurant looked and felt like an old-school American diner. I believe this is an excellent lunch option if you are in the cold harbor area.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We love going out to breakfast, but dont "get" why everyone in the ville packs this place. It must be the buffet because it is not the atmosphere or service. Once when our power was out, this was the only place available. My son had his heart set on chocolate chip pancakes so I asked if they could add a few chocolate chips to his kids pancake because no way he could eat the adult portion Yeah to the tune of $1.95 for like 20 chocolate chips! Found that out AFTER the bill game, too. Long wait to even get our coffee filled and order our food. Not impressed. I think many of the folks that go here are regulars who do it out of habit or nostalgia. The buffet was well stocked, but it came with a side of "whatever!" if you know what I mean.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

Delicious home cooked meals serving breakfast and lunch daily except Monday. Best Chopped Sirloin (Hamburger Steak) with onions/gravy anywhere. Everything is reasonably priced with healthy portions. Week-ends are awesome best buffet around including salt herrings. Must try, will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

Been here a dozen or more times. Never disappointed. Whether it's the buffet or order from the menu, breakfasts are always very good. Service is exceptionally friendly and fast. Try to get there each time I'm in Mechanicsville.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

A step back in time to down home cooking in a rustic and comfortable atmosphere. All your old favorites from eggs, hash browns and BISCUITS for breakfast, to yummy sandwiches and soup for lunch. Generous portions and real home cooking. You will love it.