“Nice Place for a Quick Lunch”
Review of Market Salamander

Market Salamander
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Middleburg
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Reviewed 10 December 2017

After shopping downtown we decided to have lunch here and the meal was quite good. The soup was very hearty and the brownie top everything off quite nicely.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

We got take out food for lunch from here and greatly enjoyed the diverse choices and quality of the ingredients and preparation. We ordered the flank steak breakfast wrap, the roast beef sandwich with horseradish mayo (which came with a side of red potato salad) and an extra side of roasted brussels sprouts, Everything was delicious and packaged well for the carryout back to the inn where we enjoyed this food out on a picnic table. I will definite return and recommend.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

It is the second getaway with friends in which the Market Salamander didn't disappoint me.
This time I had a delicious, meaty slow cooked pork sandwich and my friend, a succulent and fresh chicken wrap. Every entree offered at the hot bar is tasty and well executed. The place is so cute, with very relaxing market/cafe atmosphere. At the shelves, gourmet sauces, condiments, and preserves in jars and cans are nicely displayed to take home. It is certainly a place to try on a Middleburg visit.

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Vegan or not, great selection of homemade salads and sandwiches! Coffee, but no espresso drinks offered. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

The morning after our party, my friend and I wanted a quick breakfast so we went to Market Salamander. I had been once or twice before and it was okay.

Third time is not a charm.

We both ordered a toasted Everything bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon and capers. It took forever to get the bagels to start with. We finally got them and somehow they FORGOT the cream cheese. What?! How do you forget cream cheese on a bagel? I asked for cream cheese, again, took forever to get our bagels back. I had to go inside to ask for cream cheese again. By the time we got our cream cheese, our bagels were not warm and toasty anymore, they were sad and lackluster. Easily the worst bagels either of us has ever had. We will never go back. Such a painful experience.