“Great location to sit outside”
Review of Red Horse Tavern

Red Horse Tavern
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Middleburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 March 2018

We frequented here a lot last spring when we were traveling back and forth to watch our daughter play lacrosse. The outdoor dining is great fine. The food is pub/bar food mostly, but still enjoyable. It is a good little stop over for dinner when you can sit outside.

1  Thank Tami B

Reviewed 25 February 2018

I lived and worked in Middleburg riding horses for a living.. That was our go to place for lunch. Cheap and good. Have taken friends there when I was visiting near town. A regular horse person hang out.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

I was at the Salamander Resort this past week for a work function. A group of us went to dinner at the Red Horse Tavern on our first night in Middleburg. It was an excellent choice. The place is cozy and oozes atmosphere. Our server was both attentive and friendly, and the food was outstanding. I really enjoyed the chicken cordon bleu. It was outstanding and the serving was very generous.

I'm looking forward to dining at the Red Horse Tavern the next time that I'm in Middleburg!

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Took my wife and granddaughter to Middleburg to do some shopping and exploring. Stopped here because it was a nice day and outdoor seating was available. Food was good, and the waitress was spot on when needed. Will certainly make it back again.

Reviewed 17 December 2017

My wife and I met two friends here for lunch on a Friday afternoon. Middleburg is a great little town to stroll around and look in the shops and this tavern is located right on main street. As far as I could tell there is no parking dedicated to the restaurant (like out back) so you have to find parking on the street which can be a challenge depending on when you visit.

There is a small patio area in the front of the tavern but it was a cool day so we ate inside. There are two small, separate rooms that make up the tavern but it is overall pretty small inside and tables are pretty close together. There is a small bar in the main area.

We were seated right away when we entered. The floor is uneven in places so you many end up with a chair that "rocks" some! :) That comes with an old building. I liked the atmosphere in the small tavern a lot and it is very "cozy" inside, if a bit cramped. The staff were just great, very friendly and chatty, and the service was excellent.

The food got mixed reviews. I had a chop house salad which was good but my wife ordered a Panini and it was not grilled at all and just OK. One of our friends ordered a chicken salad sandwich and it was very thin on the chicken salad. Another had a wrap and said it was very good.

Overall, I would go here again mainly because of the friendly staff and atmosphere, not because the food was great. For those reasons I would give it another shot.