All reviewsall you can eatpancakesfree breakfastprivate roomfree water refillsfree computersquiet hoursswimming pooltea coffeecommunal kitchenshuttle servicecentral americalocal marketnice poolthe location is perfectthe main squarehammocks
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Dorms are great, comfy and not to crowdy. Pool area which is lovely, ok breakfast, good coffee. A lot of computers with possibilities to use headphones. Hammocks, movies and a common kitchen which makes Oasis a place to get stuck in for longer than you planned for. The only thing I have complainings about is the staff. They were not nice at all, they made you feel like you were in the way all the time, so after a while, we avoided to request for things that we wanted. Shape up!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Hostel Oasis provided everything I needed for my few day stay in Granada: a clean, pretty respite to come ¨home¨ to after traipsing about; friendly, helpful staff who take their jobs seriously; and a nice combination of fellow solo and group travelers with stories and tips to share. A pretty little tiled pool in the center ¨square¨ is a nice touch and place to cool off with your new friends. The dorms are well organized and maintained but if sleeping 10 to a room is not your thing, you can pay more to stay in one of the other rooms or just go elsewhere. For the price, Oasis offers everything a traveling backpacker craves in a hostel - including free coffee in the morning and Wifi! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Karenzo
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed here on a recommendation from a friend but left after the 1st night because it was unbearably hot and uncomfortable and the staff had a "we don't give a crap" attitude. I originally booked a room with AC over a month before my stay. I showed up and they put me in a room with AC that was broken. There were no other available rooms. They offered to check to see if they could fix it, but not until 8pm the next evening when they turned all the AC on. So the staff wasn't even willing to try and fix it at 8am that morning - they wanted me to wait all day. I got out of there as fast as I could and discovered a lot more options - nicer and more affordable.

Room Tip: Other travelers seemed to think the shared rooms were cooler and comfortable. The private rooms were miserably hot, though.
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I originally reserved a room in this hostel for my entire stay in Granada (7 days), but left Hostel Oasis after the first night. Honestly, I would have left earlier if I had known my way around the city better. The room was supposed to have air conditioning, but after the receptionist turned it on, the room didn't get any cooler. I asked if the A/C temperature could be changed, but I was told that the master remote control (controlled only by the receptionists) was missing 3 triple-A batteries, so it didn't work. I didn't sleep the entire night. The A/C unit didn't work, but somehow managed to be loud at the same time. My room was in the upper level, in a corner, so there was no air circulation from the small window I opened. If you stay at this hotel, be sure to check out your room and the A/C unit before paying. This was the worst night of non-sleep I have ever had...and I used to live in Iowa where the humidity was 95% and the heat index reached above the 100 degree mark in the summers.

Reviewed 8 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Oasis. Service was really excellent; very friendly staff. Our room was smallish and cramped, but clean. Well situated near the market. We met many backpackers of different nationalities; the Oasis seems to be a place for sharing traveling experiences. The whole atmosphere was of a very busy hostel, an intense in and out backpacker's mecca in a very inviting and historic city.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple