US$49
Book now, pay at stay
US$82
US$38
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$54/night.

Casa del Agua(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$45
  • Pool
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$92
Casa Silas B & B(Granada)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Book now, pay at stay
US$100
Isleta El Espino Ecolodge(Isletas de Granada)(Great Value!)
US$440
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsair conditioningbeautiful swimming poolthe ownercommon areasfour nightsceiling fanfurniturenetherlandsprivacyleon
Reviewed 19 March 2015

I came to Granada for business. The usual places I stay were full so I stayed at the Backpackers Inn, in a private room. I had met the owner previously and the property is beautiful. However, my cash and credit card were taken from my locked hotel room.
I stayed in a private room in front of the pool. The door locks but is not very secure and can easily be forced open. I left for dinner for 1 hour and returned. Upon waking in the morning I realized I had been robbed. There was no sign of forced entry or hint that someone had been in the room. The police were called but besides telling me I had to go to the station to file a report they wanted to tell me that the staff wanted me to pay my bill before I left - did I have any $ to do so. I asked the staff to call the owner as I felt he may want to get details first hand. However, he wasn't made available to me.
I can't recommend that anyone stay here. If you do, do not leave anything out of your sight. I've been coming to Nicaragua for 7 years and this is the first negative experience I've had.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
14  Thank CJaco40
BackpackersInn, Owner at Backpackers Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2015

We run a quality boutique hostel oriented to serve our guests and provide the best experience possible, with honest and committed workers who have been with us for over six years with an IMPECABLE RECORD, since we opened. THIS ALLEGED BEHAVIOR DOES NOT OCCUR IN OUR ESTABLISHMENT, and you may LOOK AT THE RESTO OF 100 COMMENTS ON TRIPADVISOR to confirm. We are so sure of our establishment, that based on your allegations we immediately called the police to come on site to investigate your allegations, and TO OUR SURPRISE YOU REFUSED TO GIVE DECLARATION AND FILE FORMAL POLICE REPORT IN ORDER TO HAVE THEM INVESTIGATE AND FIND OUT WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. You came recommended by neigboring hotel and then moved to stay with them. Caught our attention calls received from third parties asking for retribution on your behalf. This kind of allegations without concrete proof, can be considered as libellous and slanderous behaviour on your part, therefore we respectfully request if you have resolved your issues, kindly remove your comments.

Reviewed 15 March 2015

The Backpackers Inn is SPECTACULAR! We have fallen head over heels in love with this hotel and have so enjoyed our time here. The staff has been so wonderful and have become friends over the nights that we have stayed. They have been helpful, kind, courteous, and so very welcoming.

We are travelling with 2 kids (4 and 7 years old) and this hotel has been perfect for us! The option to make snacks and easy breakfasts for the kids in the kitchen, the swimming (the BEST pool that we have encountered during our travels in Central America - stairs to walk in, shallow enough at the shallow end of the small-for-his-age 4yo to be able to touch), the relaxing patio spaces (and so many different spots to go and sit - so much privacy), the location, and comfortable beds (seriously great mattresses!).

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel - it is quiet and relaxing and easy to access the beautiful areas of Granada.

Muchas gracias a nuestros amigos de Backpackers Inn!!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2015

This is a highly attractive colonial hotel with comfortable rooms and many recreation areas such as a billiard room, reading/coffee room, swimming pool, communal kitchen, communal terraces. It's not exactly dedicated to backpackers, although they do appear once in a while, the price is right; it's much more elegant and spacious than such a name would suggest, even though it does include a couple of large dormitories. Maybe not so many backpackers come by because it looks more expensive than it actually is. It doesn't have the grandiose pretensions of some of the more expensive hotels on the main square where you are likely to feel isolated from other travelers. It has a friendly and casual atmosphere and is conducive to making new acquaintances in the many common areas.

I checked out at least a couple of dozen hotels in Granada – I walked inside, looked at the courtyards and rooms, discussed pricing at the desk – before settling on this one. This was quite definitely my favourite, from the moment I saw it. A perfect blend of everything I could desire: beautiful, informal, welcoming, comfortable, very reasonably priced, conveniently near to the centre. One quickly feels at home.

The Dutch Consular shield over the corner doorway is intriguing. The owner represents Holland's interests in Nicaragua. It also bespeaks the quality of the environment, worthy of a consular endorsement.

The ceiling of my bedroom was high and hand-painted: a fresco of a deep blue sky with wisps of clouds! Wonderfully refreshing.

I stayed a few days, went away for a few, and when I returned I headed straight back to the Backpackers Inn. And so should you. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Michel E
Reviewed 23 February 2015

This is by far my favorite spot in Granada and consistently offers great and personal service, clean
rooms, delicious breakfasts, wifi and privacy. I prefer the private rooms with AC/fans and TV. As
my work takes me to extremely rural areas this has become my base in the Granada/Masaya/Rivas
area. The staff are welcoming and hospitable. I have colleagues who stay in the dormitory rooms which are by far the nicest I have seen in Nicaragua. The art and sculptures through out are an
added treat for art lovers. It is easy walking to the Calzada and right next to Merced my favorite
church. Hot water is abundant and plenty of towels. The pool is clean and the common areas
are delightful. I cannot say enough about this lovingly restored building. As a solo traveler it is
a much needed oasis where I am 100% taken care of. Wifi throughout, close to the Pueblos Blanca, Volcan Mombacho and Masaya and Laguna De Apoyo.

Room Tip: All the private rooms are excellent choices. All have wifi, TV, AC, fans are quiet and have a separate common area and garden with abundant hot water.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

What say when the Sunday cook/ reception desk person/ person in charge cooks your breakfast, serves you , sits and talks with you as you eat and gives you a hug goodbye when she leaves later in the day, beautiful rooms, exquisite courtyards, sunshine on the pool, waking to Church Bells and wonder why you talk in whispers -because the building breathes history.
Dave, Glen Robertson, Ont, Canada