“Great service and great food”

Smoke BBQ Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #4 of 533 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Everything I have ordered here has been terrific! The service is always friendly and helpful. Save room for desert, they are all great.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I was given the word that the BBQ here at Smoke was really good. So I decided to try the restaurant for dinner. I will tell you that the food here is the bomb! Upon arrival, the parking lot is a bit small, so there was very limited parking. Thankfully, there is a small shopping center close by so, parking was available there and it was a very short walk to the restaurant. Upon entering, there was a small wait, but the initial entry service was great and the atmosphere was very nice. The restaurant was very well lit and clean. My party and I were seated and given a menu. Since it was my first time, the waitress gave us her suggestions. I ended up ordering a three meat plate with ribs, baby back ribs, and brisket. The sides were mac & cheese and collards. Also, I couldn't resist getting some of their corn bread muffin. The ribs were delicious! Definitely good, maybe not the best I have ever had, but they had an awesome smoky taste that was just perfect. The brisket was good and the mac and cheese along with the collards were tasty. The prices are reasonable and the wait staff was very friendly. The night we were there, they were playing trivia for prizes. Overall, it was a great experience and I will definitely return. If you’re looking for a great BBQ restaurant in the area, you cannot go wrong with Smoke BBQ Newport News, VA.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

The guy on the phone (Jordan) didn’t listen when trying to place my order Togo. I attempted to then just place it online after being fed up with him not listening to me. Apparently instead of reading my order online he decided to use the HALF of the order I attempted over the phone. Now we have soggy fries and a burger with NO cheese and no condiments to put on the dry burger AND WE WERE CHARGED TWICE! Once for the online order and the second when he put the order over the phone even though it wasn’t confirmed paid for! He even told my husband we WEREN’T CHARGED TWICE! The ONLY reason I’m given two stars is because the fried pickles, even though soggy, we’re good.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

I’ve always liked this restaurant for quality and service. During the past couple of visits for lunch the pulled barbecue has been dry and the fries cold and chewy. I am considering finding a new lunch place for group lunches. The service was excellent as usual. No, I didn’t complain or return the meal, I shouldn’t have to. The customer shouldn’t have to be the quality monitor. I was thinking of a 2 rating on the food.

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Tried the sausage sampler special. It was very good with a good proportion of food. Lots of options for the sides, though I'm still unsure what collard greens really are.