“Worst sushi place. Avoid ”

Blue Cafe Bar & Sushi
Ranked #208 of 513 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch for the second time. Wanted to give it another chance. Sushi rice was stale and the salad tasted old. Waitress was shocked and said “but I made it yesterday!” Yesterday?? One person swept the floor with a dustpan kicking up dust while we tried to eat. I’ve had sushi many many places and this place was GROSS.

1  Thank LindaMT808

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Our service was excellent, very knowledgeable and kind, didn't rush us. We had 5 different rolls between us and only didn't like one of them. The rest were excellent. They had the usual ones but also new twists. Only thing I don't like is that the full menu is only available for the all you can eat dinner. Some of my favorite rolls aren't available for lunch. I will go again to try more, and it's worth a visit if you like sushi and have never been.

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

The sushi here is still good as well as the hot plates but when they first opened they had a better grip on the public and their customers. I'll say in the last 8 months to a year they have sort of lost their momentum. No drink specials anymore specials during the week period I can't really speak of their happy hour because we have not been back in months, at least for happy hour. I went there with family this month a party of 6 period And although the food might be okay you can find better sushi at other restaurants and the staff acts like they wish you weren't there period I just don't get it. It's like I said they lost their momentum

Reviewed 23 March 2017

Prices are great sushi is amazing also they will let you combine whatever you like to make your own sushi roll. Waitress are very polite and respectful. Also they have military discount

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The food is great, but this place consistently is understaffed. There was only one waitress, who had to double as the hostess and seat everyone, and the bartender, who was covering as much of the restaurant as he could besides the bar. The chefs served our table and I assume it's because food was backed up in the kitchen because hot dishes were cold, so I assume had been plated for quite some time. The addition of two or three more service personnel would make this place outstanding. The food is there.