“Predictable Food”
Review of TGI Fridays

TGI Fridays
Reserve with OpenTable
TGI Fridays is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #260 of 513 Restaurants in Newport News
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: As the original casual dining bar and grill, TGI Fridays℠ offers authentic American food and legendary drinks, served with genuine personal service.
Reviewed 17 November 2017

We stopped in as I was in the mood for their Endless Appetizers.We had no wait, but it was rather early (just after 5). I enjoyed two different boneless wings (buffalo and Jack Daniels) and the pork pot stickers. The stuffed skins were just okay. My wife enjoyed her 1/2 order of Cajun Pasta and House Salad. The portions were good. Our server, Briasia was sweet and attentive. We would have no problem returning to this TGI Fridays.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Decided to visit TGI Fridays since our location closed last year. Visiting daughter at college & went out for dinner. Restaurant was busy, but we expected this sine it was Saturday night. We were seated in about 15 minutes & greeted by our waitress who shortly thereafter took our order. Then we waited & waited & waited. Our appetizer which was only the chips & salsa that every rewards member receives, arrived 20 minutes later. We then waited & waited again. Finally, over an hour after being seated our food arrived. The food was good but it would have been better if it had arrived more timely. I didn't ask for the manager only because my daughter & I were catching up & visiting while waiting. The issue causing the delay seemed to be related to the kitchen as our waitress continued to check on us to let us know our food was coming, but the wait was way too long! We decided to order dessert as soon as our food arrived so as we wouldn't have to wait even longer. Maybe will return - but no time soon.

Nigel M, Guest Relations Manager at TGI Fridays, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Hi, Lia - We are sorry for the wait you had for your food. We will certainly take it into consideration to help improve future guest experiences. We appreciate your feedback and hope you have a great rest of the week.

Reviewed 15 May 2017

We went to this place for a mid day appetizer and beverage while shopping, It was a nice afternoon to sit and chat

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Dark and dreary... seated in a booth with a ripped bench... fun! Fun!
Ordered water, placed order. Friend ordered a plain burger, I ordered skirt steak. After waiting almost 2 mins, lunch arrived. Friends burger had some sort of sauce, not plain as ordered. My two sides looked precooked and reheated...gross. friend waited for new burger.... ridiculous!
Had a coupon thank goodness... still not worth it.

Reviewed 30 December 2016

I had the Jack Daniels BBQ ribs at this restaurant which I really didn't need to add anything more to my hips but the ribs looked great in the picture and my serving looked , smelled and tasted great. I do believe I sucked the bones but I tried to do it without drawing any attention to myself. I waited a week and went back and got another order. The ribs were still good.