“Outstanding quality food on the beach”
Review of Nissaki Restaurant

Nissaki Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 154 Restaurants in Naxos Town
Price range: US$18 - US$49
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2014

We were blown away but the quality of the food and service in this restaurant on the beach, the caramelised onion tart they serve as a starter is to die for, but be warned it is a very large serving and very rich, so perhaps best shared! The starter of grilled halloumi cheese with tomatoe and pesto was also excellent. As a result so the sizes of the starters we could not finish our sizable main courses, the chicken lemon balm and raisin risotto was so tasty it melted in your mouth. My cretian pork pasta dish was also very good, but didn't quite live with the sheer quality of our other dishes.
This for sure is a restaurant we'll be coming back to again before we leave Naxos, even just to taste again that caramelised onion tart!

2  Thank JerseyBoy75

Reviewed 14 September 2014

We ate out in many places in Naxos and mostly the food was lovely and authentic etc etc. on the last night we wandered down the beach to Nissaki and it was lovely. Lovely setting, attentive waiters and then the food came. It's a little more expensive that others but the portions were huge but also of a higher quality. My wife had the caramelised onion tart to start with, I had the halumi on tomatoes, oil etc. they were huge and of really high quality and presentation. We were stuffed after the main and couldn't go a dessert. It's a little more expensive but it's worth it. For us, a perfect last night place.

1  Thank ian d
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We loved this place at the beginning ...and especially this time. We were at Nissaki beach hotel last year and ate at the restaurant twice or three times. ..again this year...but without staying at the hotel we tried again the restaurant. ..I would say the best..the fresh steamed mussels flambe with ouzo & the octopus salad were our starters...followed by a Red Snapper from the grill served with asparagus and delicious naxian potatoes. ..all this in the company of a white wine from northern Greece. .Apha Estate. ..pure souvignon blanc...Don't miss the orange pie ( portokalopita ) and also one of their starters ..saganaki komos..honey sesame and cherry tomatoes. ..just loved it! In the end the waiters brought and gave to our children loly pops with the brand of nissaki wrote on them...we appreciated the gesture. ..I would defently recommend this place for the great food unremarkable good service and for the lovely atmosphere.!!!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am rarely pleased when I eat out but in this case I was pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious and the atmosphere really relaxing. You should definitely try the onion tarte!

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Maybe the best restaurant in naxos for lunch or dinner! I visited the restaurant more than once and every time it was excellent. Fresh home made pasta, excellent meats and a variety of wines to try. Additional the service is more than good. I am sure I'll go again! If you are in naxos don't miss Nissaki! !