“Antipasti Favolosi”

Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This restaurant was recommended for the "antipasti" .. mozzarella di Bufala was so tasty and fresh. Even the pizza they brought was so good. Service was fast and good. I recommend also to try the dessert "Ricotta e Pera"!!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

I had the fortune of discovering the family-run Ristorante Il Pinguino in my first day of vacation at Scala. Incredible homemade pasta, pizza and desserts, as well as different fish and meat dishes… I returned several times during my stay and food was always excellent and prepared with utmost care. Walter cooks like heaven, Elda makes the best desserts I have ever tasted (yes… ALL of them are homemade!!) and Michele, the pizzaiolo, masters each and every pizza. No matter the choice, it was always delicious.
Service is also excellent… makes you feel welcome and at home as they treat you like part of the family (thanks Alessia!).
I highly recommend it, and can’t wait to come back!!!

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

When staying in scala and you dont want to go to amalfi this is perfect. Serves all kinds of Italian food. We had two different servings of cod which were ok. Staff was friendly and speaks decent english.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Chose Il Pinguino for my birthday lunch on the strength of Trip Advisor reviews, and we were not disappointed. It is a short but steep walk up the hill towards St Pietro from Scala. The cool loggia, with tables neatly laid, was welcoming with the temperature in the 30's. The service was smart and friendly and the house wine excellent. We were brought some complementary baked pizza dough laden with sweet tomatoes - I wish I had known because I had ordered a pizza! When it arrived, with loads of picante salami, I had no trouble eating it all - probably the best pizza I have ever had. For dolce I had ricotta creme served with spicy biscuits - beautiful to look at and even better to eat. The bill for two, with a carafe of house wine, water, a side salad and coffee after came to 42.5 euros - very reasonable for a lovely lunch. Thoroughly recommended, and thank you to Trip Advisor contributors who recommended Il Pinguino!

2  Thank Steve L
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

The most wonderful Pizza I've ever have had after 2 decades of Italian travel. Great service friendly family atmosphere, lovely house wine and great menu especially fish but cater for all. The locals eat here and take away pizza says it all. Easily reachable hop bus from Ravello 5 min €1.30 each way or Amalfi 30 min same price. Enjoy