First of all, one small explanation: Trulli Holiday has two kinds of trulli accommodation - firstly trullis in the city of Alberobello itself, secondly Trulli residence, which is a group of trulli and non-trulli buildings some 1 km from Alberobello center. I believe the reviews are mixed here. Breakfast is for both types served in inn in the center, so it is quite far from residence (we did not take it, so I can't comment it more).
We have chosen the residence outside center and it was really great. Our trulli room was quite small with no kitchenette, but both these facts were properly announced before so no surprise for us (they have different kinds of room as well). On the other side, it was absolutely clean and the feeling of staying in one of those buildings was amazing.
Residence has very beautiful garden and small swimming pool (cap is required), all very tranquil and relaxing - for us much better than staying directly in town with the door opened to the street.
It is possible to go to the town on foot, but there are also bicycles free to use so it is quite easy to get there (a bit uphill on the way back). Contrary to the city trullis, there is parking space in the residence (in the area, so behind the gate).
The owner is very enthusiastic and friendly, so we felt nearly as at home.
So, only small minuses are the location of breakfast in restaurant La Locanda don Antonio (we didn't try a dinner there as it was full and reservation was needed in advance) and even reception in the city center (it was impossible to park before the reception).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Il Gabellota Resort offers you the opportunity to enjoy the Puglia countryside while staying in a Trullo or a stone room. These ancient stone buildings, part of UNESCO World Heritage, are typical of Alberobello. All accommodation is air conditioned and comes with a TV and minibar. Some have a small kitchenette. Some of the Trulli have a private patio area and a conical roof, and are surrounded by a floral garden, while studios have vaulted ceilings. Il Gabellota Resort has an outdoor pool, hot tub in the garden and free WiFi throughout. It is around 15 minutes' walk from Alberobello centre. Breakfast is served in the property's breakfast room. On site- private parking is free and Monopoli and other seaside towns along the coast are around 30 minute's drive away. The Castellana Caves are 15 km away. Staff provide an attentive service and offer useful tourist and travel information. Couples particularly like the location — they rated it 9 for a two-person trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your il Gabellota Resort in Trulli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Trulli Holiday Hotel Alberobello
- Il Gabellota Resort In Trulli Alberobello, Italy - Puglia