“Good hotel”
Review of Astromare Hotel

Astromare Hotel
Ranked #179 of 252 Hotels in Jesolo
Reviewed 14 September 2017

We were originally booked into 'The New Hotel' just around the corner from The Astromare. We were a little early to check into The New Hotel, so the staff told us to come back in an hour and our room would be ready. We were in fact a couple of hours late returning, due to the lovely weather. When we did get there, we were told that there was no room for us and they were sending us to another hotel, The Astromare. We were not very happy about this, as we had no idea where the hotel was or anything about it. They did offer to show us a room in the New Hotel, but the receptionist told us we were better going to The Astromare, as it was a nicer hotel. She was certainly correct about that! The room was so small, dark and badly in need of a refurb! We gladly took up the offer of going to a different Hotel. What a lovely surprise we received when we got to The Astomare. We were given a room on the 5th floor, with lovely views, you could even just see the sea! The room was clean, plenty of hot water and towels and the staff were friendly and helpful. After a good nights sleep, we went down to a magnificent breakfast, plenty of choice for everyone and lots of fresh orange juice. So glad that The New Hotel was full, as I think we got a much better hotel and will be booking it again next time we are in Lido.

Room Tip: All rooms appear to have a balcony, some larger than others
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 September 2017

I stayed with my teenage daughters for 3 days in August at the Sunrise Palace suite. It was a short break so I expected to get everything I had booked from day one. We booked a late check (23.40) in and I was given a code to access the suite as Reception was closed. The code did not work, but someone who had been standing on the street as we arrived suddenly came in brandishing our cards! The suite was a disappointment; I had booked what I thought was a one bedroom apartment with a double and two single beds. I got a studio with a double and a single and we had to share a bed - not a great first night. I went to Reception and complained and they immediately agreed to change the room. I got the impression from the lack of question that this happens all the time - they give you a cheaper room, you complain, they give you the correct room, and they make some money on the room you did not get. The service was faultless from that point but I did not appreciate being conned out of my first night, or not offered a partial refund. I had to pay for a separate late check out which I think they should have waived. Apart from that:
- Luxury hotel - good facilities - pool and jacuzzi are great - everything is clean and the breakfast is fantastic
- There is a satellite TV but I did not see a single channel in English! They should provide a guide giving you the channel nos for German, English, French...etc
- Location is good for Jesolo, poor for Venice: 1.5 hours to get there through a combination of bus and vaporetto - would not stay there again for visiting Venice
- Beach is great, although again, penny-pinching: there were 3 of us but they gave us ONE free umbrella and two loungers, expecting us to pay for a third lounger.

Best to check precisely what you are buying before you confirm.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I booked this hotel as we needed 2 family rooms and 1 double, in peak season choice is limited. In terms of cost it's one of the more affordable. It's close to the beach and the main strip.The rooms are ok but quite cramped (fine for us but a little more difficult for the families of 4) and there are a couple of small pools across he road which is shared with another hotel - fine if it's not too busy. There is a car park but it's a bit like Tetris and after returning from the waterpark we couldn't get a space so paid a deposit to park a couple of blocks down the road. I have to say the breakfast was very good with a lot of choice.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2016

The Astromare is located in an ideal location close to the beach, shops and restaurants. The rooms are clean with a reasonable amount of space for your clothes. The downside is the bathroom which in our case had a very small shower triangle with a shower head that emitted water in what can only be described as lumps. Breakfast was of the continental variety with lots of fresh produce including orange juice which was freshly squeezed before you. Although I have only rated the hotel as average it is actually of a good standard but I felt I couldn't rate it as very good due to the small shower.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the piazza appear to have large balconies
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

So if you already booked this hotel before reading the reviews here's the good part : the hotel has a good location right at the top of the promenade, it's 5 min walk from the beach ( but you can't see it, no view for you!) aaaaand that's about it!

Now for their bragging points:

The parking: is small and works on a schedule, so if you do get a parking spot you can kiss the car goodbye for the time you are there. Or take it out on your own risk , lose the parking spot and start looking for one on the streets. The promenade closes for cars every evening from 20:00 pm till 6:00 am and any car parked there will pe towed away so good luck with that! Tip the guy that handels the parking lot and maybe he'll help!

The pool:
really small place across the street, there are 3 of them but they are all small enough for a dip , great for kids , lots off shade, no place to lounge ,there are about 8 lounge chairs ( told you it was small) and they are usually taken . there is a fake grass carpet on the floor so I wouldn't throw my towel there but hey maybe that's just me.

There is wifi and AC so at least you have that you make your stay in their tiny rooms bearable. We were 2 adults and 2 kids in this room , and yes, you don't come here to stay in your room and I agree but when you have to take all your stuff out and keep the luggage in the car because there is no place to move ... it 's bad!
I think all rooms are the same size and they just stuff in the extra 1 or 2 single beds for the 3 and 4 pers rooms, so maybe if there are only 2 people there might be some breathing room, if not , well then be prepared for some forced bonding!

Now if you have a kid that's still in diapers bring bags to pack the used ones in cause the garbage bin in the bathroom is at it's farthest still just 3 meter away from your pillow and closing the door will not really help, only cementing it shut might keep the smells of the sewer and anything else in!

There is only one elevator that is small and takes ages to move up and down, so you will have a blast carrying towels , bags , toys and tired kids up the stairs. Or you can just leave everything ( except the kids ) in the car at the end of the day cause there isn't any place for them in your room anyway! Counting stains on the carpet till you get to your room will make time go by faster( someone in the 80' had the brilliant ideea to put carpet on the stairs at a beach hotel and nothing has changed since).

Breakfast is ok I guess , if you have a sweet tooth or enjoy a pastry filled breakfast then this will be heaven for you! Coffee is meh for my taste, definitely not what you would expect from the coffee loving italians! But they do have fresh squeezed orange juice and big glasses( a real shocker considering all the rest) .

The cleaning service is let's call it fast ,they come in, take the trash, change some towels ,make the beds ( with the same sheets, if you want new ones you have to ask and TIP the maid) and when they are done they sprinkle a bit of sand everywhere so you get that romantic feeling of sleeping on the beach! I get it's a crappy job , maybe not your dream job but how on earth you manage to make a room messier then it was is beyond me!

Anyway , I see a new person complaining about the rooms every morning when I go out to put some towels on my lounges at the beach( a lot of germans here so if you want a spot closer to the water you have to get up at 8 and go throw your towels on the ones you want).

Here is a tip if you are not in the mood to walk and wait for ages for a snack at lunch, at about 300 m there is a small restaurant called salt end peppe , where the staff never smile but they serve some mean food so try it ( I recommend the penne with seafood for two people) and if you don't have the time or your kids are really testing your neeves today just go another 100 m and you will find the rosticeria al fogher , not much to look at but they have fresh grilled fish and what ever catch of the day and also fritta mista mare that you can buy at about 3€ / 100g, go wild, mix and match, the lady at the counter will take out plates with different battered and fried seafoos and you say what and how much you want!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family