Lowest prices for your stay
US$135
View deal
Hotels.com
US$169
View deal
Free cancellation until 22/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$135
eDreamsUS$169
Sheraton.comUS$135
1,042 results
All reviews the club lounge waterfront view hotel restaurant norfolk waterside mimi ships
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 May 2021

Very good location, some parking on site, but the rest was a walk away, which made it inconvenient. No wheel-chair accessible parking.

The room was comfortable, but using COVID as an excuse to not clean rooms, irked me. It was annoying to get back to a room with unmade beds. I mean, no one is in the room, not sure why they can't be cleaned without having to let Housekeeping know every time we wanted the room clean and freshened up.

The location was fine, close to downtown, restaurants, ferry ride and the like.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Emmy C
Hotel Management, Marketing at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Dear Emmy C,

Thank you for choosing us, but I’m sorry that we did not provide a more positive experience. We've had to adjust how we service occupied rooms during the pandemic; I regret that we appeared unaccommodating. We appreciate the feedback and hope to have the opportunity to leave you with a more favorable impression on a return visit.

Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

My family and I stay at the Sheraton every year on our way down to the outer banks. I’m platinum status with Marriott, and usually use a suite night upgrade, which has always cleared for a nice one bedroom suite.

While I give this a TA rating of 5, this hotel is no means an actual 5 star hotel. It is an older hotel in need of a serious update. However, the location is awesome right on the river (beautiful views), it’s so close to many good restaurants in town (easy 5-10 min walk) and I’ve found the staff to be great overall. Again, this is not a St Regis hotel, but a Sheraton, so I do think you need to come in with managed expectations.

As a platinum member, we got free breakfast in the restaurant along with club access. The club only has coffee and some snacks, but we found the breakfast buffet to be great. Fresh fruits, good omelette station and the staff was so friendly. I got handed a card with their names- Mimi, Rena, rose, Sam, Joyce… we haven’t really went to indoor restaurants the past year, but the staff took great safety protocols (masks, kept distance with other guests). The service was really quite good and the staff was super friendly.

For these reasons, I think this hotel continues to be deserving of 5 TA rating. I really wanted to try the gass light hotel, but am so glad we kept our tradition at the Sheraton.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Twiggy2222
Hotel Management, Marketing at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2021

Dear Twiggy2222,

It is wonderful to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel. We appreciate your taking the time to share all your feedback including recommendations for improvement. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for choosing our hotel and please come see us again in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 7 May 2021

They refuse to add a name to the reservation so someone else (i.e. a husband) can check in. Despite who requests, offers of multiple forms of identification, confirmation number, credit card number, etc. and offered ZERO solutions. Hung the phone up on the one asking to add a name. BUT, have your travel agent call and make the request, no problem. Even though the agent's policy (who they contract with) requires the guest to request the change directly to the hotel. Guests cannot make any requests of this hotel themselves. They must pay someone else to do it.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
Date of stay: May 2021
Hotel Management, Marketing at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2021

Dear G9623YPjenf,

We are very sorry for your frustration. For fraud prevention and the safety of our guests, we required every person checking in to the hotel to provide a credit card with a matching photo ID with the name on the registration. I’m very sorry that we appeared unaccommodating. We appreciate your feedback and hope to host you in the future.

Reviewed 20 March 2021

I would not recommend Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel because of the following reason.
There is a charge for continential breakfast
You have to request that your room is clear. Otherwise it will not be clean
There is a $50 hold on your credit card for incidential damage
There is a fee of $13 for parking that can be charged to your room or pay it separately.
Make sure that you confirm the room rate

Date of stay: March 2021
Jennifer Della-Penna, Other at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2021

Good Afternoon 12019ASJenniferk,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I have shared your experience with the team to improve our communication in the future. I can understand your frustrations with additional expenses and authorizations for incidentals. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and rest assure your comments will be reviewed with the team.
All the best.
Jennifer

Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

Great view and location but could be so much more. My first room smelled like smoke. The second smelled better. The room was worn and not very clean. I had to ask someone to come and clean the bathtub and to unclog the drain. They came and the mold was still there. The mirror in the bathroom was broken. The chair was so dirty and worn that I wouldn’t sit on it. I couldn’t find any sign of food in the lobby that was actually open except the little section that has frozen food. I needed breakfast to go before I left to work and couldn’t find anyone in the restaurant. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and very friendly. The parking garage is quite a walk if it’s cold and/or rainy. My vehicle couldn’t fit in the garage and there was no way to reserve a spot since valet is closed. The staff did help me find a spot but I think the front lot should still be reserved. I would’ve paid more to be able to keep my vehicle there.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Jennifer Della-Penna, Other at Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

4hrts,
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. Maintaining a clean atmosphere within our guest rooms and common areas is always a key priority, especially during these unprecedented times. On behalf of the entire Sheraton team, I sincerely apologize for falling short of not only meeting your expectations, but ours as well. As a valued customer, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.