Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$178
View deal
AutographUS$178
Booking.comUS$178
Hotels.comUS$178
PricelineUS$178
eDreamsUS$178
Orbitz.comUS$178
All reviews hotel is beautiful mini fridge lovely art tartine wished me a happy birthday great location in downtown corner room downtown norfolk marriott property within walking distance next morning serge platinum flavorful floor artwork housekeeping
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2020 via mobile

Beautiful! Glass sculptures that are museum quality! But nothing compares to the Restaurant! Like a good hotel, open for breakfast lunch and dinner! Fresh almond Croissant baked on premises! Hangar steak and sunny side Egg with a”hen” of mushrooms! Best breakfast I’ve ever had!
One Star Michelin Chef—if you are in Norfolk don’t miss this !

Trip type: Travelled with friends
RobMurphy_GlassLight, General Manager at Glass Light Hotel & Gallery, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2020

Dear norab862,

Thank-you so much for the review. The glass art throughout the building is definitely something to see. We are looking forward to the adjacent art gallery opening later this year. The freshly baked croissants are exquisite as well as all the breakfast options. Thank-you again for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2020

After a wonderful impromptu lunch at GlassLight a couple of weeks ago, my husband and I have been back twice (him for a happy hour at the bar this past week, the two of us for an impromptu breakfast after an early call for some lab work this morning), and we want to report that this new place continues to please and impress. My husband loved the bar, tried both of bartender Lindsey's tequila cocktails (the carrot-juice-spiked drink with greenery atop was he thought a really clever addition to the bunny/carrot motif throughout the hotel and restaurant) and raved about the charcuterie plate which showed again how the GL kitchen "plates" with enormous attention to detail. Breakfast this morning (with our great server from our prior lunch, Melissa) was delicious, way more than one would expect from a "hotel" breakfast. My steak (so tender!) and eggs were perfectly cooked. His croque madame was rich and delicate. Both came with perfectly dressed little salads and potato-cake squares that were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, again everything perfectly cooked and beautifully plated. Great coffee and OJ, too! All of the GL staff have been across the board so hospitable and friendly to us that we are ready to know more of them by name and declare this our new favorite place in Norfolk.

Date of stay: January 2020
RobMurphy_GlassLight, General Manager at Glass Light Hotel & Gallery, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

Dear thefussycook,

We are delighted that you are becoming regulars at the Glass Light. Every dish is so amazing in it's own way that you really have to try everything. The signature cocktails are a great mix of class with a bit of playfulness. The #201 (carrot margarita) is incredibly popular with the bright orange hue and the carrot pom on top. We appreciate the kind words about Lindsay and Melissa and look forward to sharing your review with them. Thank-you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 January 2020

I recently visited the Glass Light Hotel on 12/19/19 in Downtown Norfolk. I dined at the lobby bar, where Hunter and Lindsay were my bartenders. They both provided excellent and attentive service. The Baby Lettuce Salad was wonderful and the presentation of the salad was simply exquisite. I also ordered the Charcuterie board and the meats and cheeses used were of the highest quality. Since I had such a wonderful time, I decided to return the following week with a friend visiting from out of town. On this visit, Maria served us; she too provided fantastic and professional service. I would highly recommend dining at the Glass Light when visiting Norfolk, Virginia.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank mh5mf
RobMurphy_GlassLight, General Manager at Glass Light Hotel & Gallery, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2020

Dear mh5mf,

Thank-you so much for the kind words about the staff. Hunter, Lindsey and Maria are all stars on our team. They truly understand what good service is. Chef Serge and the culinary team consistently seek out the highest quality and freshest ingredients for our dining options. We appreciate you taking the time to review our restaurant and we hope you become a regular.

Reviewed 28 January 2020

This hotel exceeded all expectations! Artistically beautiful, great food, and superb staff! Lindsey and Maria were very personal, attentive, and made me feel super welcome while I ate and had drinks at the bar. It was a lively atmosphere with great music!! I was also offered a fresh baked croissant in the morning while waiting for my car.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank natskiboo22

Dear natskiboo22,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Glass Light Hotel and that our staff made a great impression. We love Lindsey and Maria as both always have a warm welcoming smile. Thank-you so much for the review and we look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 17 January 2020

Dropped in for lunch today, just to check out Norfolk's newest hotel and restaurant, and are certain this will be our new favorite place. Gorgeous spaces, exquisite details, tasty and beautiful food, superb service (today, Melissa). We tried the soup (very good), the mushroom risotto (very good, brought some home), the burger and fries (VERY good), and the "portobello tartine" (a Met-museum-level composed veg medley atop two grilled porto-discs), simply spectacular. Oh, and then the lemon tart for dessert. My wife, the gourmet cook who will almost never agree to eat out with me, declared the meal divine. Damon, one of the very friendly valet parking attendants, suggested he take us on a tour of the hotel, which he did. 130-ish rooms overall, incredible art in every nook and on every floor, exquisitely appointed rooms, excellent meeting rooms in various sizes, fine big in-hotel gym. In our opinion, as recent returners to Norfolk living after many years away in Manhattan, the GlassLight is going to be for adults what the Main has turned out to be for crowds of convention tourists and Th/F/S frat-party drunks riding the escalators up and down and waking hotel guests up all night with their shenanigans.

2  Thank Fred193
RobMurphy_GlassLight, General Manager at Glass Light Hotel & Gallery, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2020

Dear Fred193,

Thank-you so much for stopping in and trying out lunch at the Glass Light. Chef Serge loved the comparison to the Met Musuem. We appreciate the kind words about Damion and Melissa, they are two of our best. Our dinner menu is completely different so you will have to come back and try chef's other creations. Thank-you again, we hope that we will see you soon.