Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$127
CourtyardUS$127
PricelineUS$127
Hotels.comUS$127
FindHotelUS$127
eDreamsUS$127
All reviews valet parking norfolk downtown front desk location is great the hotel is clean lobby couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2020

This hotel is in a great location. It is in the middle of everything down town. it's a short walk to the waterfront attractions and the entertainment district on Gramby street. My room was clean and comfortable. I had a small problem which the front desk staff took care of immediately. The Desk clerk i worked with is Cherry. She had such a great attitude and pleasant friendly demeanor. I prefer to spend my money at a business that shows that they appreciate their customers and the staff at this property made it a pleasure to stay here.

Date of stay: November 2020
cecilionetti torres, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is truly an important part of our satisfaction program. With a spirit to serve and provide the best experience possible, we are pleased to hear we met your expectations.

As always thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott for continuing to make Courtyard your home away from home here in the Downtown Norfolk area!

Reviewed 23 November 2020 via mobile

I didn’t want to type this but they left me no choice. Kids unattended, no parents, running halls past midnite, playing music in hall,yelling,slamming doors. Management blew it off 3x when called, only said sorry. NOT good enough. Got only 4 hrs sleep. EXHAUSTED ME & PISSED ME OFF!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest:
First and foremost I want to begin by saying thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As you know, this is the most important part of our process. With that being said, I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than favorable. During these unprecedented times, we have had to take measures in our facility to try and comply with not only governmental but also company guidelines, while also being patient with our patrons as they get used to this new way of life.

Reviewed 19 November 2020

I woke up to a bunch of bug bites on my legs and when to went to the bathroom and came back I saw a bed bug walking as the bed. When I called the front desk they moved me to another room. Also, when I was checking out I asked if I would be compensated some of my money due the experience the lady said they will have to do a full investigation. It’s been a month and no investigation. Never staying here again. And no one should stay here!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Christopher Perry, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Hello Dezhanees,

Thank you for taking time to reach out to us regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown Norfolk. While we appreciate your feedback I'd like to inform you that our 3rd party control company has conducted and completed the investigation regarding your claim. I know we can't replace the experience you had with us and seeing any kind of bug would give me the same impression. We've provided the inspection report showing no activity and you weren't charged for your stay. I am sorry about the bed bug experience you had during your travel; however, I can assure you our hotel has been inspected and reported no activity. Again, I appreciate your feedback and hopefully we can be at your service at one of our, over 6,000 properties worldwide.

Reviewed 9 November 2020

I am beyond disturbed by how the Courtyard is conducting business in these COVID 19 times. Besides the guest not caring about wearing a mask, I am deeply troubled at how my room was not cleaned, serviced and was NOT cleaned from the previous person who stayed here. The bed was not made properly so that had to be fixed by myself. The shower was not cleaned. I know this since there was two (2) wash clothes left in the shower,on the top of the shower curtain which I had to remove. Hair on the floor was left as well which is disgusting. Mold on the walls as well? This place needs to be investigated by the health department.

I am deeply troubled at the fact that this questionnaire from this Courtyard claims if I want the room to not be serviced, sign here. I was never told that because I do want my room serviced. I was told to just initial the boxes which was agreeing to us adhering to the COVID policies. Cleanliness is exactly what we should be practiced so why the room could not be cleaned is just beyond me.

Mobile key was broken and the locks where you use the key cards on the parking garage were busted as well just turned this into a horrible stay. This is the worst Courtyard I have ever stayed at in my 25 years of Marriott hotels.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank richthomasleo
cecilionetti torres, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2020

Dear Valued Guest:

First and foremost I want to begin by saying thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As you know, this is the most important part of our process. With that being said, I am sorry to hear that your experience was less than favorable. During these unprecedented times, we have had to take measures in our facility to try and comply with not only governmental but also company guidelines, while also being patient with our patrons as they get used to this new way of life (i.e. consistently having to remind them of masks throughout our facility).

We reported the controllable issues to the correct department heads and will be moving forward at making strides in correcting these issues. Thank you for your time and continuing to make Courtyard Marriott your home away from home!

Reviewed 27 October 2020

OK, seeing the previous reviews regarding the mold, they either took care of it or moved everyone to a different block of the hotel, because I didn't notice anything like that during my stay. Hotel amenities are pretty sparse due to Covid19 precautions and cuts. Currently self-parking (at a reduced fee) only with no valet. I felt like everyone I encountered seemed kind of down due to slow business or something. Room was clean, but ran very warm and humid, but the halls and common areas were strangely freezing cold. Gym was open and actually had enough to room to theoretically social distance, but no cleaning wipes in the dispenser.

Date of stay: September 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Koyangi
Christopher Perry, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2020

Thank you so much for taking time leave a detailed response about your stay with us, we really appreciate it. It is feedback like yours that allows us to create a the expected environment to our guests. We clearly dropped the ball in the fitness center and definitely should have had the building at a temperature that was warm enough to enjoy. Koyangi, I have used your feedback as a teaching moment for our team, and when you return you can expect service so memorable, you'll invite everyone to come visit our Courtyard in downtown Norfolk. Again, I really appreciate you taking time to leave a very teachable review. I look forward to being at your service on your next visit to the area.