Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$93
PricelineUS$93
CourtyardUS$93
Hotels.comUS$93
Agoda.comUS$93
TripadvisorUS$93
All reviews norfolk downtown front desk within walking distance location is great the hotel is clean valet lobby couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2021

This is obviously an older hotel however it's well kept. The decor is nice. The rooms are large. The staff who checked us in were warm and inviting. The only thing I didn't like was being charged for parking. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: May 2021
cecilionetti torres, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Dear Concordcouple2020,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is truly an important part of our satisfaction program. With a spirit to serve and provide the best experience possible, we are pleased to hear we met your expectations. It's great to see our efforts being noticed as we continue to navigate coming back to normal life.

As always thank you for your continued loyalty to Marriott for continuing to make Courtyard your home away from home here in the Downtown Norfolk area!

Reviewed 28 March 2021

Old junky Courtyard with a nice lobby & poor smelly loud rooms. I know this is Mariott's budget brand, but this place has not good qualities other than the Lobby that is the draw you in lipstick on a pig" to this place...

Very Poor property, don't take my word for it, look at price comparison among hotels in area...The Price Point speaks for self & you can infer the quality of the property regardless of reviews or staff explanations.

Room tip: Very Poor property, don't take my word for it, look at price comparison in area (PricePoint speaks for self..)
2  Thank crazivan
cecilionetti torres, General Manager at Courtyard Norfolk Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2021

Dear Crazivan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us concerning your most recent stay with us here at the Courtyard Downtown Norfolk. We are so sorry to hear that we failed to meet the expectations you have come to know and love from the Marriott brand. With a spirit to serve, we have taken this feedback to the proper department head to ensure we continue to improve our experience.

Reviewed 26 March 2021

I stayed in Room 501 from the afternoon of 3-22-21 through around 1:30 a.m. on 3-23-21. I had a great stay here before, which was why I returned. The first problem I had was that the water in the tub did not drain when I tried to take a shower. Then around 1:00 a.m., I woke up to the smell of cigarette and marijuana smoke coming from an adjacent room. The smell became so overwhelming I felt like I was suffocating, but when I went to the front desk to complain, the man on duty did not even offer to move me to another room. I told him I was checking out at that point, and this was around 1:30 a.m. Again, he didn’t make any effort to do anything about the problem, and I was charged full price despite having to leave in the middle of the night and go elsewhere. The woman who was working at the front desk when I checked in was great, but because of my experience with this male employee I will not be returning when I travel to Norfolk again on business. The other negative reviews here on TripAdvisor about the smell of smoke/marijuana throughout the hotel are absolutely true, I would definitely recommend staying away if you care about being able to breathe and your health. I didn’t even have a window that would open!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Natalie 2071,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us concerning your most recent stay with us here at the Courtyard Downtown Norfolk. We are so sorry to see we failed to meet your expectations during your stay. While we cannot completely control the behavior of all of our patrons, we can certainly work on better assisting when these situations occur in our facility.

We would like to reassure you that this is an isolated incident and we have reported all issues to the proper department heads to ensure we grow in these areas of opportunity. We appreciate your time and patience during these unusual times and truly hope that give us an opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 22 March 2021

The worst Marriott I have ever stayed at. Computer system would not accept credit card, woman told us to 'manually type it in'. I guess credit card fraud is not a concern at this location. Went to our first room and unlock the door, there are already people inside the room, raising more security concerns. Get our second room, there is no hairdryer in the room, guess housekeeping does not care to check their rooms completely. Ask a question in the mobile chat, takes the front desk 2 hours to respond. Entire hotel smells of weed and the front desk is less than helpful. Very sad for this to be associated with the Marriott name.

Dear Ocean2233,

Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

Funny how one is usually inspired to write reviews only on extreme experiences- horrible or fantastic. And this one falls in the latter category. We stayed only 1 night but I must say- I literally have NO complaints about the entire experience. We were warmly received by a super friendly front desk staff- so helpful and receptive. The room was a double Queen with sofa bed- spacious, awesome shower, Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner and soap (!), good temperature control, comfortable beds. We were missing sheets for the pullout couch- but had them within 5 minutes of calling for them. Same with a hairdryer, which I assume was missing because of Covid concerns but they readily brought me. I requested a late checkout last minute because my daughter had an audition for an art program at 2 (checkout is at 12) and they let us have that at no extra charge. The room rate was excellent, the lobby is pretty and comfortable, the staff were ALL amazing. I would stay here again in a second. Thank you for making everything perfect for us!! Keep up the amazing work!

Date of stay: January 2021