Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsnorfolk airporttwo bedroom suitefront desksocial hourearly flightlong staya great stayhome away from homeshuttle servicethe hotel manageryogurtvirginia beachbit datedconvenient locationhot breakfastwill stay there againwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Arrived Fourth of July and was delighted to find a hamburger and hot dog dinner provided by the Residence Inn for the guests in honor of Independence Day. The staff was helpful and the convenience of leaving my car there was great. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms small suites.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear travelbebe,

Thank you for choosing to spend your Fourth of July holiday with us. I'm happy to hear that our "celebration" was appreciated! Please come back and see us again the next time you're in need of a place to stay when flying out of Norfolk!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I cannot believe the condition of this Marriott property. The room was old, dirty and stained everywhere. The front desk woman was very rude and told me they were fully booked and didn't even apologize for the condition of our room. I had to have 3 sets of sheets brought up so we could cover everything as best we could. This was a one night stay so we did our best to make it work but I would never stay here again. In addition, I spent over 30 minutes on hold with Marriott trying to make a complaint and finally just left a message and of course never received a call back. Our friends stayed at The Hampton Inn and their room was very clean.

Stayed: July 2017
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Jennifer F,

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Please reach out to Edward Arroyo, our Hotel Manager, so we can make this right for you and learn from your stay. I apologize for the condition of your room and will make sure to speak to our Front Desk staff to better handle future situations.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

A great place to stay. It' like your own small apartment away from home. Living room, kitchen and bath. It has everything you would need while you're away from home. A very comfortable place to stay. Makes you want to extend your trip!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear AlfonsoGreen,

Thank you for such an awesome review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our apartment-like guestroom. Please come back and see us again the next time you're in the Norfolk area.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

Room was clean..... amenities were below average. Very lean on the evening buffet and drinks. The pantry was practically empty at all times. Only one coffee station for the entire hotel in the morning with only 2 pots for a lot of people.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Dear Tim200492,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I'm sorry to hear that our pantry was not properly stocked during your stay. I will be speaking with our Hotel Manager to ensure that we keep everything pristene for our guests. I hope the next time you're in the area you will give us a second chance to "WOW" you with our hotel.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

During the course of my stay, the staff at Residence Inn Norfolk Airport were pretty great overall. The young man who checked me in could have been a bit more engaging, but I've met plenty of perfectly nice young fellas like him over the years to whom interpersonal interaction and communications don't quite come naturally. It happens and it's no big deal. (It isn't like he was rude or unfriendly.)

The décor could do with being updated and having fabric-covered couches in the guest rooms is a bad idea -- there were some gross-looking stains on the sectional in the room in which I stayed. All in all, I think this property is overpriced, but I expect that government accounts and corporations chasing defence money in the Richmond area might have something to do with that! Residence Inn Norfolk Airport is a convenient place to stay before a flight out of the airport and to that end, it delivered exactly what I needed.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2017

Dear Maclock,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel online. I will make sure to look into a service for cleaning the couch stains in our guest rooms and to come up with a treatment plan that will avoid this issue for our future guests. I hope the next time you're taking a flight out of the Norfolk Airport you will come back and give us a second chance to "WOW" you with our service and hotel.