“Great Convenient Location”

Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport
Ranked #7 of 37 Hotels in Norfolk
Reviewed 7 August 2017

The Marriott Norfolk Airport Hotel was a great, convenient location for travel. It has the most courteous and helpful staff. There are a wonderful selection of wonderful eating/drinking places nearby. They even have a shuttle to accommodate trips to the local places. Loved it! ...and by the way, our room was clean and comfortable! We stayed here since we flew into to drive to and from the Outer Banks. We would stay definitely here again!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear 480charlottek,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as a stopping point to and from the Outer Banks! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and see us again the next time your travels bring your to Norfolk, Virginia!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

The pros great location to store, virgina beach and shopping outlets
Front desk was great with customer services
The cons their was old sheets on the pull out sofa with old dry blood their was roaches in the kitchette area on the fourth floor and other family members stay on the fourth floor their and saw roaches in their unit.

I was there for my family reunion and represent this Marriot Norfolk Residence Inn was very disappointed because it was a Jazz concert on that weekend their was no other hotel available rooms. I had to stay and the general manager move me to another floor which was fine and they comp me for the first night since I could not sleep that first night which was good but I will not ever stay here again and was truly upset because I stay at the Marriott all the time and never experience these issue before and hope not to again

Room Tip: Check for signs of bug and see if sheets are clean
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear Catherine C,

I apologize that we failed to meet expectations during your recent stay. I can assure you that this is not standard for our hotel and as that you please call our General Manager, Scott Crowley, at the hotel so we can learn from your stay and improve for our future guests.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

Arrived Fourth of July and was delighted to find a hamburger and hot dog dinner provided by the Residence Inn for the guests in honor of Independence Day. The staff was helpful and the convenience of leaving my car there was great. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: All rooms small suites.
Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear travelbebe,

Thank you for choosing to spend your Fourth of July holiday with us. I'm happy to hear that our "celebration" was appreciated! Please come back and see us again the next time you're in need of a place to stay when flying out of Norfolk!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I cannot believe the condition of this Marriott property. The room was old, dirty and stained everywhere. The front desk woman was very rude and told me they were fully booked and didn't even apologize for the condition of our room. I had to have 3 sets of sheets brought up so we could cover everything as best we could. This was a one night stay so we did our best to make it work but I would never stay here again. In addition, I spent over 30 minutes on hold with Marriott trying to make a complaint and finally just left a message and of course never received a call back. Our friends stayed at The Hampton Inn and their room was very clean.

Stayed: July 2017
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Dear Jennifer F,

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. Please reach out to Edward Arroyo, our Hotel Manager, so we can make this right for you and learn from your stay. I apologize for the condition of your room and will make sure to speak to our Front Desk staff to better handle future situations.

Reviewed 28 June 2017

A great place to stay. It' like your own small apartment away from home. Living room, kitchen and bath. It has everything you would need while you're away from home. A very comfortable place to stay. Makes you want to extend your trip!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jessica S, Operations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Norfolk Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear AlfonsoGreen,

Thank you for such an awesome review of our hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed our apartment-like guestroom. Please come back and see us again the next time you're in the Norfolk area.