“Not enough adjectives to describe how bad it is”
Review of Ships Cabin Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Ships Cabin Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just tear it down and start over! A sad night out for a once regal dining experience. I use to go here as far back as the 80's, but after the original owner sold out, it has been hit or miss. Decided on an unfortunate whim to stop in for a light late night meal. Oops. Ordered a Greek salad with a side of grilled shrimp, and I indulged in a buffalo chicken salad with some fries. We were one of only three tables being served in the whole restaurant, but it still took 45 minutes from the time we walked in to get our "meal" (this was after complaining about how long it took) She said her Greek salad was O.K., but my Buffalo chicken was terrible, the fries sucked like they were scrapped off a floor, and the waitress Brittany, needs to take up another vocation. The place is a wreck, it stinks and pretty much everything outside is rusted, nasty and falling apart. No soap in the bathroom, I really like the idea of the employees preparing food with out washing properly. I really felt dirty after leaving
Do not believe any positive reviews, they are lies! Go to Razzo's, Surf Rider, Lagoon, or even Cutty Sark for much better food. This place needs to be leveled and use the land for something useful. I truly fear for what my stomach will be feeling like tomorrow.
I am not kidding, do not give these guys a cent of your money, you will regret it!

3  Thank JT P

Reviewed 24 June 2013

This used to be a good restaurant in its day, We went here for a birthday party for a good friend of ours and their was nothing but complaints. They had good drinks but the food was not worth eating or paying for. We had complaints ie. soggy, cold, burnt, overcooked, etc. They definitely need to reevaluate or close their doors.

4  Thank brendar1618
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We had a very nice dinner. Our waitress was very nice and the food was very good. We also watched the sail boat race while we ate.. Very nice. It could use a make over in the deco dept. everything is a bit old but all in all very nice.

2  Thank SunshineDiane
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This at one time was one of my favorite restaurants. My friend and I stumbled upon it one night when traveling back from Virgnia Beach. We were surprised that it turned out to be so good. It was so good in fact that I have taken others here over the years and have always made it a point to stop here whenever visiting the VA Beach/Norfolk area. Unfortunately that was not our experience this time. They used to have a very extensive menu that included a whole list of pasta with seafood dishes that they have done away with. The waiter did try to accomodate us, had the chef make up a dish that was similar to what I had always ordered, but it was not the same. The salad was terrible which they now charge extra for: iceburg lettuce with a few tomatoes which had a funny taste. The place was empty for a Saturday night where it used to be crowded at all times. I really wish they would bring back the old menu and gain back the same great quality and freshness in their dishes that they used to have. If not, unfortunately I don't think I will return to what was once one of my favorites.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My husband and I decided to do something a little nicer and different for dinner one weekend so we went down the road to a restaurant that we had never been to but see a full parking lot quite often. It was better for my husband because he eats seafood but they had some good appetizers for me to snack on as well. The weather was still nice out so we ate on the back patio with a view of the Chesapeake Bay. Because the deck is low we didn't have the greatest view but it was still nice. All of the staff was nice and pleasant but the food is a little pricy for what it was. Definitely a good place for a date or relaxing evening alone