“Great food and location, ideal for families ”

Chiringuito El Capricho
Ranked #60 of 515 Restaurants in Mijas
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: Spanish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We love it here and visit several times a year.

The children love the fish here and they can play on the beach or watch the chef bbq sardines just beneath the restaurant.

We love to eat outside watching the children on the beach.

The fish is always very good and the Albariño goes down a treat.

It’s such good value for money that we love eating here.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

As always you couldn't beat the service and the staff are so accommodating and pleasant. Nothing is a bother to them.. Such a pleasant atmosphere and the food is simply delicious no matter what you order.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We were staying in an apartment about 30 metres from this restaurant but after our first visit, the very short distance was not our main reason for eating here every day of our stay. Would gladly travel much further for the superb food, service and location. Stunning sea views, inside or outside, this is a fabulous place to enjoy amazing seafood, reasonably priced and with very friendly and helpful service. A big thank you to all the lovely people working there. Can’t recommend this place enough

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We went to el Caprichio on Sunday evening to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We booked a table for 7pm. We were shown to our table which was right beside the window looking at the sea it was stunning.
I was looking forward to having the turbot only to be told there was no turbot left, the waiter said there were house specials on so I said I would have one of them, I chose pancakes filled with salmon and mixed seafood in a whiskey sauce.
It tasted beautiful but there were two tiny pancakes which had very little seafood in them. I was really disappointed. I will not be rushing back, it lacked atmosphere even though it has the best view you could ask for. Worth a trip to see and maybe I was unlucky with my choice, I will give it another try later in the summer

Reviewed 24 February 2018

After visiting El Capricho in 2016 and 2017 i just had to come back. The restaurant got an amazing location on the beach with a beautiful beach-/seaview and many parking spots near the restaurant.

You can choose to sit inside or outside on the terrace. We started to sit outside but since it started to get windy and cold we moved inside and there was no problem. Excellent service!

With drinks we got served free olives. Then we ordered grilled sardines on spatular and 20 minutes later we got a very delicious Mixed Paella for 3 persons.