“Fantastic hotel ”

Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Ca'n Picafort
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

We arrived on Friday the 13th ☹ but that didn't stop us having a great holiday. If you want a relaxing holiday with a lovely view then I'd recommend coming here.
Positives first
The rooms were very clean and recently refurbished to a very high standard. The bathroom had a lovely spacious shower cubicle now in no size 10 and I had plenty of room to move about without bumping into the cubicle sides. Towels changed every day if you needed them too be.now some people had moaned about the privacy of the glass door on the bathroom by the looks of things they had listened as we were a couple no kids I wasn't bothered about the door see pictures attached.
Bedroom had spacious wardrobes but only one draw again they have listened to previous reviews and will address this once the season has ended so we have been informed so that to me is a plus.
Again a vast array of food to choose from both at the pool bar/Restaurant and the main one inside the building.albeit a bit cold on some occasions but was changed often just had to time it right I guess
The evening entertainment was ok the animation team where brilliant loved the Moulin Rouge sorry we will miss the Motown night was looking forward to that the most but all in all we enjoyed our stay there, special mention to the bar staff and waiters all very pleasant and friendly.
The pool area had ample beds and even canvas covered double beds too which I loved very comfortable and great to keep you shaded whilst you relax reading a book plant of daytime activity ranging from darts rifle shooting aqua aerobics full tennis courts the list goes on and on.
Only one negative the pools could be a tad warmer I think because of this they were hardly used. A few did brave it once even me and boy it was a shock to the body some of the faces of shock was amazing

We had a walk to the beach not far from the hotel and visited lots of shops on the walk down some lovely shops as well as your souvenir shops.
We chose to have a trip to Soller and Valldemossa organised by no frills excursions very reasonable the hotel provided us with a packed lunch consisting if 2 ham and cheese and 2 tuna and salad sandwiches, some fresh fruit and a very small vanilla slice with a bottle of water I'd recommend this trip beautiful scenery on the way back we went through the mountains very bent roads and I don't mind admitting my heart was in my mouth a few times but the driver knew how to handle the bus and the tour guide Dori was very informative too even showed us a villa which Richard Branson once owed

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie F

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at Tonga and overall we really enjoyed it.

The hotel itself is luxury at it's best, the rooms are great, beds comfy and we had a fab seaview up on the 14th floor.

The pool area is absolutely immaculate and we loved the Jacuzzi :-) The pool snack bar was great as we thought the food in the restaurant at lunch time was very hit and miss. Overall the food was OK I was a little disappointed if I'm honest and I think for the rating of the hotel the food could be much better. I am not a fussy eater at all but other than breakfast time I really struggled to find something to eat. I enjoy salad and fruit on holiday but I also like a bit of meat with it and I thought the choice was a bit limited. We went end of Sept/Oct so it wasn't particularly busy and even then the fresh meat that they were show cooking was not always readily available.
Breakfast was great we really enjoyed the omelettes to order and the chef Toni who cooked the omelettes and eggs was really lovely, always smiling and friendly and you could hear her lovely happy voice all through the restaurant.

I do agree with another review about the animation team! I wouldn't say they were the worst because that's a bit harsh but they were certainly not the best we have encountered on holiday. Although they work very hard I have no doubt I just found them lacking in motivation, shout out to Marco though he was lovely and really friendly, apart from him none of the others gave us the time of day. Maybe we were a bit too rowdy but after the entertainment when the disco came on we were the only people who got up to dance and I think the animation team could have made more of an effort to get people up dancing. We did get a few people up dancing when we asked them. That's what I mean about a lack of motivation I suppose, anywhere else we have been the team come round and encourage people to get up and dance. I'm not saying force people but show a bit of interest in the guests.

The Sky Bar was probably the best part of our holiday on the hotel premises as we spent a lot of time down at the beach. Juanda the barman up on the sky bar was brilliant, he was probably the nicest barman we have ever met on holiday! Although all the bar staff were exceptional which I think is a novelty because there is usually 1 grumpy barman on every holiday but we didn't have any here they were all great :-)

I would also like to mention Evgeny on reception he was brilliant and welcomed us on arrival with a great sense of humour which was continued throughout our holiday. Massive shout out to Alexis and Carlos in the restaurant they were brilliant as were all the waiters apart from 1 grump who was pretty miserable throughout our holiday and gave off a vibe that diners were just an inconvenience to him! Jaun Carlos the restaurant manager was great and there was another waiter who I can't remember his name who was lovely too (fair haired).

To sum up if you are looking for a quiet relaxing holiday in luxury surroundings then we would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, infact another guest summed it up perfectly by saying she loved it at this hotel because you can be as lazy as you want. We don't go on holiday to be lazy though we go to have fun :-) We would definitely go back but maybe not for another 20 years.

We got a great deal on this hotel a year ago and it was well worth the money we paid, however I notice the price has now gone up at least £300pp based on a 10 night stay which I would not be willing to pay.

Room Tip: Ask for a Seaview on the 14th floor it was stunning
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Holidayhoney14
Reviewed 14 October 2017

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank JANET D
Evgeny_Buzakov, Customer Service Manager at Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We are a party of 6 and staying in room 1118 with a wonderful view
We would like to thank all the staff,in every department, for making our holiday most enjoyable .all the staff work so hard, from the cleaners to the management to make sure their guests. Enjoy their holiday
Nothing is to much for them
I would like to say a big thank you the animation team .they are all so friendly. And helped to make our holiday so wonderful
We be sad to leave on Sunday

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank San T
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Stayed 2nd - 13th October. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms are much modern and brighter now, the only down side was the lack of draw space and the glass door/wall in the bathroom didn't offer much privacy. The hotel has a more relaxed feel about it now with more chilled music being played but our personal thoughts are that it has lost some of its atmosphere, as there used to be a good mix of songs,The Customer Service Manager, Evgeny remembered us from our previous visits and sent Champagne to both our rooms, thank you. The bar staff work hard and now take your orders and bring your drinks to your table for you. The lovely lady doing the pancakes, fried eggs and omelettes is a joy to watch, always so happy and bubbly. For us though, the real heroes of the hotel are the animation team. Alex, Jentse, Marco, Laiana, Teresa and Kate. They work long hours every day, doing the kids club, organising the games and putting on great shows. We hope that they are here next year. as they made our stay worthwhile.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Martin H

Dear Mr.Martin,
Thank you very much for all the lovely words about our hotel. We are always happy to see you again and we hope that you have already decided to come back next year. You know the hotel very good but still we'll do our best to surprise you with all the improvements we've planned for the coming time. To be honest It is always absolutely great to see you here. Send all the best greetings to Mr.Frank and the ladies. Thank you one more time and see you next time!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ca'n Picafort
0.8 km away
Zafiro Mallorca
Zafiro Mallorca
#5 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort

Been to Tonga Tower Design Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!