Sunprime Waterfront
Hotel Helios Mallorca(Can Pastilla)
US$107
Hotels.com
BQ Amfora Beach Hotel(Can Pastilla)
US$144
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Hotel JS Palma Stay(Can Pastilla)
US$153
US$141
US$194
US$167
  • Beachfront
HM Alma Beach(Can Pastilla)
US$134
  • Pool
BQ Apolo Hotel(Can Pastilla)
US$133
US$162
Hotel Playa(Can Pastilla)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
Hotel Las Arenas(Can Pastilla)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewssea viewpool areathe busclose to the airportsafety boxplaya de palmasunbedscycling
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed one week at Sunprime Waterfront in september 2013 and had the most relaxing vacation for a really long time. I asked for a room relatively high in the hotel, since I'm afraid of finding insects or other bugs in the room, and got a room on 3rd floor - facing towards the airport.

The expectations were fulfilled, no bugs of any kind were in sight in the room. Not even a mosquito. However, I'm glad I'd read the map and packed one set of earplugs because the noise from planes during take off and landing could not be totally ignored. Nor could the snoring neighbour in one of the neighbouring rooms be ignored. The room was not very well protected from sounds from the corridor or other rooms.

On the other hand, the bed was very comfortable. Hotel beds often seem to have hard mattresses, this was nearly perfect for my back. Cleanliness of room and bathroom was good. On the other hand - I never quite understood the system for changing towels. Some days I got a new one, other days I didn't even though i placed the used ones in the bin in the bathroom, indicating that I wanted a new one. Air condition in the room was good. I had the possibility of chosing both fan speed and switching it totally off, the latter being an advantage in september. AC often give me a cold. This time I switched off the AC during night, and avoided catching a cold.

I used the restaurant (buffet) a lot, and even though the food may not satisfy a real gourmet, it was more than good enough for me. The breakfast buffet was good (and thanks a lot for the fresh fruit that was available for all meals, I have not been eating so much fruit for a long time as I did during my stay at Waterfront). For lunch and dinner the fish or meat served was fried immediately before serving, so it really was fresh made. My only negative experience was that during the 2 first days of my stay the waiters appeared to forget serving me something to drink in time so twice I'd almost finished my meal before the softdrink came. On the other hand, the rest of the week it worked perfect so maybe I just was there at extremely busy periods the first 2 days...

Staff was helpful and even when I managed to lock myself out of the safety box in the room, a technician came and fixed the problem in less than 10 minutes after I'd asked for help in the reception.

The pool area was also really good. There were enough sunbeds and for me it was perfect to find that a minor part of the area had shadow during the mid day sun. Perfect when you just want to relax with a book without staing non-stop in the sun all day.

I also "tested" the SPA. It's quite small and the relax area related to the SPA was not so impressive even though it was comfortable enough. However, the two treatments I tried in the spa were very good. The therapist giving "classical massage" really knew how to untangle the tense muscles in my back and shoulders.

All in all a very nice and relaxing stay. The most negative thing observed was something which I believe was a rather big cockroach that walked around in the reception area one day... However, I never saw any of it's relatives so it may have been an accidental cockroach passing by.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise from the airport it's recommended to choose a room with sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank CillaN
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed in Aug 2013 for seven nights. Fifth time at hotel and always had a good room and sea view. We paid considerably more this time and got a very sub standard room. Low floor at the back of the hotel smaller than the other rooms on that floor, very little storage. small wet room area meant water all over the bathroom floor. Complained at reception and was told it was impossible to move us. Complained to bookings manager next day and was told sea view rooms were now more expensive but they would move us anyway. (we were never advised of a new pricing structure when booking with Thomas Cook so there's obviously a communication breakdown) Although they gave us a sea view it was on a low floor and in a corner so the balcony railing was very small and looked directly into next doors, not very private ! There was also a very bad smell coming from the shower drain. We decided not to complain again but had to complain about the smell, it was really bad. We complained about it twice and twice they said they would have a technician check it out. Don't know if this ever happened as we were never told but the smell was still there.We gave up in the end and had to run the shower frequently and use aerosols to try to keep the smell down. Not what you'd expect from a four star hotel really. The other down side for us this year was the food, especially our evening meal. There was a lot less choice than before and what was there was never marked to tell you what it was. On the plus side the hotel looks smart, facilities in the rooms were good and the staff all seemed to be a bit friendlier this year apart from the the two older guys that work in the dining room who came across as quite stand offish and grumpy. They should take a leaf out of the girls books who work in the restaurant, they were really nice and helpful. The other plus point which will always sell this hotel is the prime location in a lovely resort. Definitely a few steps backwards from the old Alexandra Hotel but considerably more expensive.

2  Thank baxter642
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed one week 02-09August 2013 at the hotel. We stayed in a prime room on 4th floor, we were lucky enough to get a room on the corner (outer) so we had an excellent view. Room was to our satisfaction, bright, comfy beds, well working bathroom etc. I was happy to find a decent number of hangers in wardrobe (in most hotels there are too few hangers). Did not like that there were only 3 "English speaking" TV channels (and those were news channels) and no Scandinavian at all ( all guests summertime are scandinavians), no entertainment in room for those who do not speak spanish, italian or german. The elevators were awful, very small, slow and no aircon. Poolarea was great, big pool, plenty of chairs. Hotel is located close to beach and there are lots of restaurants close by.
It is an adults only hotel and this was our first time at such a hotel and for sure will not be the last ..Overall I would recommend this hotel very much.

3  Thank annahelena
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at Alexandra with two kids, for 7 nights, back in 2012, end of April.
The hotel is beatiful and the food was ok.The kids loved the hotel, especially the big hallway.
But the service is a disappointment.There was an awful smell from the AC/heating unit and they didn't care to move us to another room or fix it. Untill someone from our travel agency talked to them.
They didn't clean the room floor every day. Also the restaurant wasn't quite clean. We even saw a huge cockroach just outside the restaurant.
The location is good and there is a shortcut passage to the beach.
The resort is small and quiet off season.
The island is wonderfull for exploring by car and there are a lot of places to see even with small kids (Marineland, Aquarium,Naturapark,Soler train,caves etc).Not to mention the beaches.For kids activities we got our plans from digame site.
We got back to Mallorca this July but rented an apartment in Alcudia,for beach time.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank 7Crina
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel used to be "visit hotel alexandra", now it's Sunprime Waterfront.
It's beautifully renovated.
Clean, spacious, nice hotel with friendly staff in a very quiet location.
Great rooms, great pool area and right next to the beach!
Are you looking for a relaxing holiday with you partner or friends, this is a good choice. The atmosphere is quiet and calm.
It's true that the hotel is close to the airport, but this isn't a problem at all. If I didn't know the airport was close, I wouldn't even have noticed.
There are PLENTY of sunbeds, you could sleep til noon and still get good beds :-)

Room Tip: Rooms in the very front of the hotel with full seaview is worth the extra cost. The rooms with the best balconys/terraces are the ones with seaview on the first floor (extra big and with better sunchairs).
4  Thank TravelExplorePassion