1,595 results
All reviews palma nova banana joes half board stag and hen parties star hotel every night fresh towels cleaned every day rooms are basic just round the corner older people magaluf strip pool side long weekend toasties next year after reading the reviews
Reviewed 19 August 2018

The Don Bigote is officially a 2 star hotel, but to us it is rated much higher than that. My wife and I have stayed here well in excess of 20 times over the last 17 years, and we will almost certainly be back again next year. The hotel is spotlessly clean, and the food is always good. The pool area is really well laid out with sun beds and straw umbrellas all around the pool sides. There are 7 floors, serviced by 2 small lifts, which allow 6 people at a time. We often watch the team of pool attendants cleaning the pool every morning, before anyone is allowed through the doors to the pool. One of the best attractions of the hotel is its location, around 100 yards from the beachfront road, meaning that you can have the quiet of the hotel, or walk a short distance, if you want to join in the more busy attractions, such as bars and café restaurants. It is also a good base if you intend to visit the more noisy resort of Magaluf, which is just a 10 minute walk from the hotel. I truly recommend the hotel to you.

Room Tip: our preference is to ask for a high floor with a pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex J
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I flew here for a girls holiday with 3 of us to 1 room. We walked to the Magaluf strip and back every night which only took 20 mins. The nearby beach is beautiful and leads round to maga beach (which i would advise avoiding at night, i would say this anywhere though).

Once 3 beds are in it is small, but we knew this from pictures online.

The room was absolutely spotless and the bathroom was very spacious - ideal for getting ready. The room had everything you need, 2 towels each, lots of sheets on the bed, AIR CON!, and plenty of sockets.

It was fairly quiet in the room and there was always space in the pool.

Only negatives - food selection is shocking. I'm talking creamed chicken shockinh, go self catering.
Also, the pool is 3m deep so not child friendly.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Billie E
Reviewed 15 August 2018

Swift check in with friendly reception staff. Small lift (there's 7 floors). Air con in room which had drawers and a wardrobe & a safe. Stayed 4 nights so no linen changed but cleaning & towels daily, again cleaning staff friendly & clearly working hard. Room had a pool & sea view (we had one on the end!). Big bathroom, nice shower (take a hair dryer as there isn't one). Air con was good, TV with lots of English channels. Pool area seemed busy but always a couple of sunloungers free here & there & plenty of shade around trees. Very little noise at night considering there were young groups & even a hen party. We went HB - Restaurant staff friendly, breakfast basic but there was fresh fruit & standard breakfast stuff - bacon eggs sausages beans cold meats cereals etc (huge queue at toaster as there is in every hotel!). Evening meal also acceptable (just) bottle of wine 7.50 euros & you can save half for the next day (if you want!). 2 meats, 1 veg, chips & potatoes and a salad option & quite a good little ice cream bar with 5 flavours, sauces & sprinkles & lots of fresh fruit. All food replenished frequently & although not that hot, we managed. Location is perfect, 5 mins to the sea - sun loungers on beach with a parasol is 13.50 euros a day but worth it as sand too hot to lay on. Lots of busy bars about. It was cheap for an August holiday & we had a nice time, would return.

Room Tip: Pool and sea view rooms... end in "22" & go higher up.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank livingforsunshine
Reviewed 14 August 2018

me and the wife have just had a week stay at this "well worth the money" hotel.PRO*S...well priced hotel....good location...helpful staff...nice breakfast...air con...english tv channels (10 euro deposit for remote)...very clean....CONS....air con a bit noisy....sunbeds are uncomfortable and dont recline...rooms dated (but as stated the hotel do not charge 5 star prices)...not much entertainment...all in all this is a nice hotel and we would gladly stay again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank john n
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

I’d like to start by saying that I am not exactly sure what people wanted or were expecting from a 2 star budget hotel...
Anyone who is used to a 5* hotel perhaps, however I have always been to 2/3* hotels and this is just like any other. You get what you pay for.
We (me and my friend (25) brother (16) and mum (50)booked our holiday through a travel agents and we explained that we wanted somewhere lively, close to amenities and good location and we were certainly not disappointed.
After reading the previous reviews before we came, I’ll admit on the transfer I was worried that we would end up in some sort of inbetweeners film type dive.
Positives-
The hotel rooms are fine, personally I don’t come on holiday to hibernate in my room so the small well equipped rooms were perfect for 2 people. The air con is fine, a lot of 2* hotels don’t even offer air con. The beds are comfy and we slept fine every night. The power shower is something I will miss!

The hotel and surrounding areas are impeccably clean, the rooms are cleaned every day, including fresh towels and any other requests you had.

The pool area was great, lots of loungers and room for everyone. Loungers are never the comfiest so to cover that complaint, get yourself down to the spa and get a bloody lilo.
Someone complained that the pool was too warm, well in 38 degree heat I would say that is pretty normal, get yourself under the cold shower that is provided instead.
The snack bar at the pool serves perfectly good snack foods at reasonable prices.

We only had bed and breakfast so I can’t comment on the rest of the food but the breakfast had enough choice for everyone.

The location is perfect, 2 minute walk to the local shop for your water and snacks etc and pool items and the beach is 5 minutes walk away. The location is spot on.

Our favourite bars were reflex and banana joes, both for breakfast, evening meals and drinks. The staff here were brill too.

Negatives:
To say it is a 7 floor hotel, there are only 2 small lifts which can fit around 5 people in. This makes it a long trip sometimes if you are unable to take the stairs.

Some days there wasn’t any music around the pool so it can be lacking in atmosphere.

If your looking for a cheaper hotel with everything you need then I wouldn’t let the fussy reviews put you off. Yes if you are used to luxury then you may find this a downgrade but otherwise it is fine! ☀️

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends