“Do not make the same mistake we have!”

Apartamentos Atalaya Bosque
Ranked #22 of 52 Hotels in Peguera
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Worst apartment I have ever stayed at due to the owners, however what a bloody experience. On arrival some of our party were taken to one side and threatened to call the police if we made any noise. As well as this, as we arrived, the family who own the apartments were having an argument. Very welcoming.

The owners to these apartments make up as many rules as they like, whenever they please, such as no diving in the pool became, no bombing, which then even became no jumping in the pool - this doesn't say family friendly to me, especially as we had little children in our party. Myself, being 18 and my sister, 14 were playing with an inflatable in the pool, as it was empty so we thought surely this wouldn't be a problem. Again we were shouted at with the man saying "this is for little children, you will break this" despite the fact it was our own inflatable.

There is also food sold at the bar, so I had asked for a burger. The burger was pink throughout when I had received it, so I had asked if it could be cooked for a bit longer. Again the burger came out raw, so again I said this still isn't cooked and I received my
money back. The day following a friend of mine ordered a burger, and this one was cooked, so I then asked for a burger and explained that I am ordering this as my friends burger was cooked throughout, then I had been shouted at to not complain about raw burgers, and every time we went to order anything the man would go on and on about no complaining and throwing his hands in the air shouting.

The wife to this man is very sarcastic making remarks saying bravo every time one of the 8 years olds with us were to jump in the pool, this also followed by the man coming out and screaming at us saying we had no respect.

The 'in crowd' who sit in the bar all day with the owners talking in Spanish made it very clear were are talking about us making everyone in our party feel uncomfortable.

Too much miscellaneous decor in the room, no air con, not allowed to bring in your own food to eat by the pool however they stop serving the food at the bar at whatever time the owners please.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank Izzymoore
Jaime M, Gerente at Apartamentos Atalaya Bosque, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Izzymoore,
We like to respect our clients and we like some respect for them too,
Guests who had come more than 20 years and still coming to our house, they know the rules and we have any problem with them.
We have our rules for the safety of everybody, if you do not want to follow the rules maybe you choose wrong the area of Mallorca for your holidays, there are better options for jumping and braking the rules.
Paguera is a nice and quiet town, and our hotel is perfect for relaxing having a nice time in the pool and bar with friends and family, enjoying the sun of Mallorca.
We are sorry if you and your family felt uncomfortable, but our rules are for the good coexistence of all our guests.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for a week at the of july with my partner and 2 children (age 7 and 8). When the bus dropped us off, we had to walk up a road to get to the apartments because it wasnt wide enough to get the bus through. We were greeted by the owner and his wife who were lovely. Throughout the stay the were helpful with advice and any questions that needed answering.
The apartment was very clean and very spacious. We had a double balcony with 2 sundbeds on one side and a sofa and 2 chairs on the other side. The decor was a bit dated but not shabby at all. The kitchen was great apart from having no grill/oven. We found this out AFTER we had bought frozen pizzas lol. The bathroom was big and fully functional. The downside is the beds were VERY uncomfortable. They were very hard and lumpy and I even tried flipping the mattress and putting the sunbed thin foam cover over the top. So this caused lack of sleep and a very bad back. Also, there was no air con in the apartment or fans. They dont have a fan rental service there and there was a heatwave there so was even warmer. This added to the lack of sleep!
The pool are was nice and clean. There is a bar next to the pool and WC. There are notices EVERYWHERE telling you what to do and what not to do. Excited to get in the pool after a long journery, we didnt see the sign near the pool saying not to come into the bar wet. As I was ordering drinks, my sun came out of the pool to tell me he wanted a drink (so he was wet). The next thing, the owner (male) shouts at my son and tells him off. Then lectured me and showing me the sign. This put me off him for the rest of the holiday. We learnt, from our stay, that his wife was more child friendly and relaxed whereas her husband was pretty grumpy and not as child friendly. So this put me on edge for the rest of the stay and felt I had reign my children in constantly. Furthermore, he told my son of for jumping in the pool and splashing.
Apart from this we had a great time lol. It is only a short walk from the beach and shops. For shopping, use the shop nearer the beach because its cheaper. Happy to answer any questions.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank GillBrock84
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Lovely clean apartment very comfortable, spacious, owners were friendly and we're always on hand. Pool was fantastic my Grandaughter spent all day in it !
Could have done with air conditioning but hired two fans that helped would highly recommend and the beach camp de mar .

Room Tip: Front of apartment facing the pool area
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Harknesslee
Reviewed 26 July 2017

The owners are lovely very friendly.We had an apartment at the back which was ok at first but at night it gets very noisy with people shouting and dogs barking.The apartment itself was basic very dusty with lots of nik-naks.The kitchen didn't have an oven or microwave.no air con so it got hot during the day and night.

Room Tip: a poolside room if possible we were at the back
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Stayed here with family for ten nights in July, we had two apartment that where both clean, spacious and had everything that we needed.
Pool great usually very quiet, plenty of sunbeds and cheap beer at the poolside bar. Handy little shop for bread water drinks etc.
Ten minute walk to the town,little bit further to the beach.
Brilliant place to stay, clean, quiet and lovely people that run the apartments.

Room Tip: If possible a room facing the pool as the balcony is bigger
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank joanne w
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peguera
0.4 km away
1.9 km away
Hotel Villa Real
Hotel Villa Real
#5 of 6 in Camp De Mar

Been to Apartamentos Atalaya Bosque? Share your experiences!