“WOW!”

Romano's Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Norton
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

We are on one of our motorcycle rides in Norton Virginia for a quick weekend getaway from Central Illinois. We stopped for the night and decided to eat at Romano's Italian restaurant. Glad we did! The service was excellent, fast and very friendly. The food was great and there was plenty of it. My wife got a Philly cheese steak sandwich that she said was the best she had ever had. My meat stuffed pasta was very good and filling. We highly recommend this place for good food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

The hour I spent here was a complete waste of time. I should have gone to Taco Bell. There were two of us. We were seated promptly and quickly received drinks, which was great. The server we had was well trained in serving soda and water.

Having only a couple of minutes to read the menu, we asked for a little more time. Within 5 minutes we had decided, but the server did not return for 20 minutes. When she returned, we placed or order.

In very timely fashion, the person with me was served her salad and we had bread to share. Soon after, she was served her spaghetti entree. I did not receive an entree. The server told me it would be a few minutes. A few minutes turned into 30 minutes. I was starved and the other person was full.

The server returned to our table and said to me, "I don't know what's going on with your pizza". I said, "Just cancel it. It's awkward for only one person to be eating and I don't want to be the only one here eating, I really don't like taking turns to eat". She said, "okay I'll tell them". She returned with my food, which looked very cold and said, "Here it is if you want it they just had it sitting back there". I told her I didn't want it box it up and I may try to eat it later.

I didn't ask for an apology, I didn't ask for anything for free. All I wanted was to get out of there. I don't want anything from them and I will never return again, that was the worst dining experience I have ever had. Arrived July 14 at 8:30 PM and was there for an hour. It was an hour wasted.

3  Thank annmarie982
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We are from Arlington, VA. Husband's family from St. Paul and Gravel Lick. He spent a lot of time in SW, VA, as a child. We come down for various family reunions. We ate at Romano's many years ago; hardly remember it. We ate there twice this trip. Steak and cheese - GREAT. Next time I had the pasta sampler. Lasagna had sausage, I think. The other two were good but the sauce made it all taste the same. Not bad but will not order that again. Maybe they could have different pastas that have different sauce; Alfredo, small chicken parm, and lasagna or another red sauce. Husband ordered the Redneck Burrito. He loved it and tells everyone about it. The first time. a large party, another couple of tables, and us. The servers did a great job, but could have used another person. Next time, no big party, but a lot of tables. Again, could have used more servers. We will return

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This restaurant is next to the Holiday Inn where we recently stayed in Norton, VA. The employees get the job done, but seem a little gruff. While waiting for my take out order I felt as if I didn't belong in the building. No employees would speak. The food was average at best, but was decent seeing that it was close by. Looking around, the restaurant seems in need of a renovation or a good cleaning. I won't be purchasing food from this restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2017

The pizza was good. We ordered a large supreme. It was timely and tasty. The service was good and the wait staff was friendly. There is not a lot to choose from in Norton, but this is a good choice.

Been to Romano's Restaurant? Share your experiences!