Marina Elite(Arguineguin)
Agoda.com
Anfi Opal Villas(Arguineguin)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsfamily resortanfi beachall agessun chairsscandinavian familiesbig hitsmall kitchenthe hotel staffvery nice hotelbreakfast buffet istop floorbooked this hotelself cateringpool barbernielolloswedish
Reviewed 21 January 2018

We had booked a one week vacation with my family at this resort through Tjäreborg travel arranger, to celebrate my wife's birthday.
The hotel itself was fantastic. Very clean and updated to today's standards. Free wifi which worked well, and our room was on the top floor with a view towards Anfi beach. We did not have morning sun, but the sun reached our balcony at ~1 pm. AC worked well in the room. The ones who had rooms facing the sea had better view, but I don't think there are generally any bad rooms in this hotel.
The hotel staff had arranged with a bottle of cava and a small happy birthday note to my wife. Top points for customer mindset in that case!!
There was a jacuzzi outside the spa, which we used quite a lot. That was nice.
The gym was good with a variety of equipment. Some people reserved the sun chairs before breakfast in order to get the best spots, but that was not an issue since there were more than enough for every one.
Here are some points which takes this review from a 5 to a 4.
The food was not the best. Breakfast was ok, but lunch and dinner were quite lame and tasteless. There are other big resorts that has much better buffee's.
The restaurant was also very small so most of the people had to go outside to eat. In the mornings it could be a bit cold to sit outside. Since this is a family resort and the restaurant was so small, there was a los of noise and very crowded with children running around.
Drinks at the pool bar were expensive for those who did not have all inclusive.
All in all I recommend this resort, but lunch and dinner needs some upgrading.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank And3_Svensson
Sunwing_Alcudia, Public Relations Manager at Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Dear guest, thank you for taking your time to write your opinions about our hotel, which is very important to us. He are happy to know that you overall were happy with your stay with us, and are taking notice about your comments about our restaurants.

Welcome back to Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront, My Olsen

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The first thing I want to notice is a very nice qnd helpful staff. All of them, clean ladies reception and others. Very good breakfast, clean swimming pool, good animation. High recommendations for families, they can find there everything they need!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Relations M, Public Relations at Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your 5 stars regarding our Sunwing in Gran Canaria,
We are si happy to hear that you enjoined your holiday and we would love to see you again.

Best regards
Team Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront

Reviewed 31 October 2017

We booked this fairly last minute on the advice of our travel agent. Having stayed in GC many times, but never this resort, I admit to some apprehension. However, my fears were unfounded! The hotel offers all inclusive but we opted for self catering as we wanted to get out and about so I can not comment on the food.

We arrived later than anticipated due to a flight delay from Birmingham and a drunken yobbo on our flight which meant we were kept on the tarmac for 50 minutes whilst we waited for the police. The transfer was good and didn't take as long as we thought it would and the hotel reception staff were welcoming and efficient even though it was late. Our room was on the 7th floor with magnificent sea and pool views. There are 4 lifts and we never had to wait too long for one. The room was very clean with a fantastic amount of storage. The kitchen area has 2 rings, a microwave, toaster, kettle and coffee maker and a good sized fridge with a small freezer compartment. The aircon is good and also quiet so does not disturb your sleep. There was a safe and a television all in excellent working order and at no extra cost. The crockery is all from Ikea; not surprising I suppose as the majority of the guests are Scandinavian. We were warned that there may be noise from the road and our bedroom backed onto the road, but to be fair, it never disturbed me (my husband wears ear plugs anyway). The only disturbance came from a yapping dog early in the morning which was in a house across the road! The beds have mattress toppers on them so are nice and comfortable and I slept well. Not the usual concrete slabs you get in Spanish hotels!! (Another reason to return). The shower was good and the shower head clean. Shower gel, soap provided, also plenty of toilet rolls. We also had washing up liquid and cloths provided and a good assortment of crockery and cutlery. We also had a clean teatowel every day and clean towels. Of our 7 day stay, our room was cleaned on 6 days and they let you know which day they will not be in. Also, beach towels are provided which was a bonus. The cleaning team are to be congratulated on doing a brilliant job. I am really fussy and took my own cleaning materials but I didnt need them. The wifi in the hotel is brilliant - even on the 7th floor it was fast.

We spent a lot of time on the balcony, looking out to sea, watching the sun set. We couldn't get enough of the view. My only small criticism is that the balcony chairs are very uncomfortable! The look lovely but are hard and low backed but a small price to pay for the amazing view!

The pool area is lovely and we could always find a sunbed no matter what time we went and they are also clean and in good condition as is the pool and surrounding areas. It was Scandinavian half term when we went (we found out later) and there were lots of children however, they seemed well behaved and did not bother us in the least. I often watched them carefully putting lolly wrappers, plastic cups etc in the bins provided which all helps to keep the pool area nice for everyone else. We also did not see any drunken behaviour/loudness (apart from the aforementioned issue on the plane) which was good. The drinks in the hotel are quite expensive (about 5 euros for a pint of beer) but after doing an online search, it appears this is the average price in Scandinavia and of course is also due to the weak pound. There are bars close by and you can have a large beer for around 2.50 to 3 euros.

We travelled to Maspolomas, Puerto Rico and Mogan on the bus. It is so cheap and the bus stop is right outside the hotel. The buses are regular and much cleaner than those at home. We also caught the ferry to Mogan from the harbour in Arguineguin and this cost 11 euros each. As we were passing the hotel out on the sea, the hotel wifi is that good that I managed to pick it up!! Unbelievable!! Mogan is definiitely worth a visit. It was the first time we ever went there and we loved it!

There is a gym and spa at the hotel, I never used it but my husband is a keen weightlifter and used the gym. I used this time to walk around the area. I walked to Anfi beach along the coastal path. It was a lovely walk with a few shops and restaurants on the way but parts of the walk may be difficult if you have mobility problems. Walking in the opposite direction takes you into the centre of Arguineguin and the harbour. There is a commercial centre with restaurants, bars and shops and we bought some lovely fresh vegetables from a shop here. We could also buy a bottle of wine for around 4 euros and 6 cans of beer (Tropical) for 4.65 euros for drinking on the balcony whilst watching the sunset. Magic!

On the last day, we were able to book a slot in a courtesy room for a shower and change which was free and this is an excellent extra, especially if, like us, you have a late flight. There is nothing worse than getting changed in a public toilet at the end of your holiday so well done Sunwing!

In summary, this hotel is extremely clean with efficient and friendly staff and is in a great location. We could not fault it. We have already booked to stay again in June 2018 and can't wait!

Room Tip: Higher the floor the better the view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank netball_nutter
Relations M, Deputy Director Operations Spain at Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your comments of our Hotel.
We are so happy that you took your time to write it down.
See you in June 2018!

Regards
Team Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Booked this holiday for a last minute holiday with my 17 year old daughter and her friend 16,although the hotel was mainly scandanavions and little english i could not once complain,from 1st checking in the staff at the reception was ever so welcoming,in fact the while hotel staff are really friendly,the cleaners are here everday apart from sunday,which at times i had to say it was ok due to my daughter and friend not wanting to get out of bed.we are in room 611 a little studio but had everything you needed, overlooking the pool and the sea (gorgeous view) not much around the resort like bars but plenty of places to eat and a lovely chinese restarant which did my daughter takeaways.plenty of buses a short walk away to other reports and a waterpark near by.My only thing is i wished it was all inclusive because the meals looked lovely,I would definaltly return here with my grandchildren because they would love it.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Joanne B
Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Joanne
Thank you for your great review of our hotel and your stay with us. We are so pleased that you and your daughter and her friend enjoyed the holiday and that you would like to have come on an all inclusive basis. We could have offered you a this or meal options at reception. Never mind we are still pleased that you liked all our services and facilities, and would come back and visit us. We hope we can welcome you back soon.
Kind regards
Kate Sunwing Arguineguin

Reviewed 29 September 2017

We booked this hotel because it looked nice on the pictures and didn't really look further. So we had little expectations but we were blown away. It was our first holiday with a little girl (7months). The hotel was targeted at Scandinavian people. Even the Lollo and Bernie shows were in Swedish (or was it Danish)... but those two bears made every kid smile! And when a kid smiles, the parents have a great time. The rooms are big enough. We had a two room apartment. The room had a small kitchen, great to cook some food for the little girl.We rented a baby chair for the room so she could sit outside and look over the pool and she had so much fun watching people! There are two pools specially for little baby's and kids a little bit older. The market was also targeted at families also stocked with among other things diapers etcetera very great!

The food was good. Every day the dinner buffet had a different theme. The best was the Asian night where there was also live cooking with a chef making sushi on the go! Loved that.

The hotel has a gym and that was astonishing. Most hotels have old equipment, but this had very new tools. Spinning bike, Elliptical trainers, Treadmills and weight room I was blown away. It looked out over the ocean. Great!

Overall we had a very good week in Arguineguin. Remember it is targeted at Scandinavian families so the main languages are Scandinavian, but we managed very good in English. If you look for a hotel with disco, or an adult only hotel look further, but when you have kids from 0-10 this is a very very very nice hotel!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Relations M, Guest Relations Manager at Sunwing Arguineguin Seafront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Rob
Thank you for your great review of our hotel, and the kind words about our Lollo and Bernie. You are so right if the children are happy then the parents are too. We really try to make sure everyone is catered for at a Sunwing Resort, and really hope you will come back and visit us again with your family.
Best regards