“4 out of 5 enjoyed their meal - mine was awesome!!!”
Review of Kob Kun

Kob Kun
Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Oakton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2016

My daughter moved here this past weekend and I drove to VA from Nashville to lend a hand. Truck unpacked - everybody tired and hungry - someone mentions Thai. I'm in! This one was fairly close to her apartment and had decent reviews. There were 5 of us - but you know that already. They brought out a complimentary edamame app with two dipping sauces. Service was fine. I had to try the Pad Thai. I asked for it spicy and the waiter chuckled a little, "Spicy? OK!" I came out spicy - real spicy until I mixed it up real good, then it was PERFECT! Large portion and plenty of peanuts like I like. I almost finished it all - almost.

A couple of curries ordered - Southern Curry was a hit - the Jungle Curry was not. Coconut soup was very good and visually appealing. The bill for five after tax was about $100. They then gave the table a complimentary dessert to share - a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of strawberry ice cream with fruit and cookies. One in the party had never had Thai - his was spicy, but he loved it! Forgot what he ordered.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

We eat at this restaurants often because it is convenient to our home. Recently had a group of individuals dine here for lunch. While there was only one other group in the place, the server for our group was terrible. She insulted the customers so badly, they all left and went to the Japanese restaurant down the way for a much better treatment. All individuals were shocked and they and their families will not frequent this location again. We have many other choices to go to in the area so we don't have to be insulted by staff.

Reviewed 23 October 2016

some food is good , some is average, and some is not so good - atmosphere is fine - service is hit and miss

Reviewed 16 September 2016

variety of great thai dishes
even hot stuff is not overwhelming
Must see and staff pleasant
try the noodle dishes as well as shrimp
try eating at the bar makes for social setting
best thai in oakton/vienna

Reviewed 13 September 2016

The atmosphere is very pleasant. The restaurant is easily located in a convenient shopping center - plenty of parking. Seems to be a hit with the locals for sure!
Thank you.