“Highly disappointed ”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We have eaten at the Shabab many times over the past 8 or so years. Our friends live in Cannock and often have a takeaway, delivery or actually eat in the restaurant. As regular customers we considered we had a good relationship with the owner and staff and have always praised the restaurant, staff and food.

This weekend we ordered a delivery. This was a sizeable order : starters, mains, sundries, popadoms , naans and so on. We were advised the delivery would be approx 30 minutes.
After an hour and 15 minutes I called to see whether there had been a mix up. The manager was very abrupt and told me it was in its way. I put his bluntness down to perhaps being busy. 20 minutes later our order arrived. The order was stone cold apart from the curries which were, at best, almost warm, we were also missing one curry and 2 naans.
I called the Shabab and the waiter who answered the call said I was lying as the food would have been hot and the order complete.
I said I was not lying and wished to speak to the owner. He put the phone down.
My husband called back and asked to speak to the owner. The owner was so rude to him. He told my husband that if he wasn’t happy to put it all into the microwave, eat it and never use them again. He said he was sick of people moaning and wanting refunds (we requested a refund for the missed items). He said he didn’t need customers like us and told us not to go back again.
We were speechless. I had previously heard negative comments about the Shabab but had always been happy with them. Not anymore. My goodness, how despicable. People need to know about this restaurant.

3  Thank allypallly

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Can't believe the poor service we have had this evening for a takeaway tonight and how rude the staff were. After useing them for over 10 years eating in or having takeaways the manager was extremely rude and the service was terrible. Sadly I would not recommend them or use them again

2  Thank Richard D
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Had a meal at the Shebab last night and it was lovely.
The food was excellent, the service attentive but not annoyingly so. Could not fault any aspect. We will be back and soon.

4  Thank janet h
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Only place to go for an Indian meal. The whole experience of visiting the Shabab from start to finish is first class. You are made to feel welcome and never rushed over your meal. Staff attentive but not overbearing. Highly Recommended.

5  Thank Aitch48
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Love everything about this restaurant,we mainlly order takeout from here but i ate in with relatives a couple of weeks ago.great food and service and this place does the best chips i have ever had at an indian restaurant

4  Thank Debbie H