All reviews ramada hotel top floor coach trip weekend break only criticism full english beans good nights sleep buffet style stayed here for one night wedding reception cannock chase height emma venue
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I usually stay in this hotel chain as a Gold reward club member for around 10 years.
We had booked the stay several weeks before arrival. The booking included evening meal and morning breakfast.

We arrived at the hotel around 1830 and enquired upon check in for a table for 5. We were told the restaurant was full all evening as they had accepted two coaches for an evening party.
What about our food we wondered? We were told to wait at least an hour and enquire again, or order in the bar on the top level.

After going to the room to freshen up after a very long day of travel and a nearby theme park we made our way to the bar. We were greeted by a very friendly staff member Hayley. Hayley already seemed to have her hands full with little or no support. Hardly any stock in the bar and no contact with the rest of the hotel as the phone and card machine weren’t working.
We had a few drinks and waited to be able to order food. The deadline cane and went with nothing. We had a young child with us who was getting very tired and agitated.
I went to the reception to see what was happening. Whilst raising the issues again the duty manager Paul made himself known and offered to resolve the issue for us.

The restaurant was emptying out at this point as it had closed many were making their way up to the bar. I had to set a dinner table myself as there was still nobody upstairs to assist Hayley with the bulk of new customers.
Another visit downstairs to express concerns for what was happening up stairs and I was told they were short staffed and the coaches were a late booking.

When the food did eventually arrive with the help of the assistant Manager Stuart, the food was very nice and tasty and hot. However it was unacceptable to be eating at 2200- when the hotel knew our booking included the evening meal.

For breakfast we decided to avoid the fight for food with the two coaches and other guests and were offered room service at no extra charge as a gesture of good will.

I also feel the need to mention that the standard of the rooms was fairly low. Definitely not to the usual high standard of cleanliness and appearance this chain usually maintains. The rooms were damp, heating/cooling system was broken with small electric heaters instead.

I hope the hotel appraise Hayley for her hard work totally abandoned by the rest of the staff in doing her best to keep us happy and fighting a losing battle.

Thank you to Paul and Stuart for eventually recognising the service was completely unacceptable and trying to turn things around.

I will however think long and hard before booking this venue again as it needs much investment in the property and the staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

As a priority member who stays in Holiday inns a lot this is by far the worst I've been in. "Plenty of parking" on website is BS! It's like the wacky races with limited spaces that are extremely tight. 1 lift in the hotel that takes an age to arrive then takes you down to go back up? But by far the worst was the breakfast service a miserable staff member who made you feel unwelcome the minute you walked in a tiny dinning room that if all rooms had breakfast you wouldn't fit everyone in and the tables hadn't been cleaned before i sat as there was dirt and hair all over it. All in all a poor example to the brand & 1 that's in dire need of redevolping and retraining.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2018

A great weekend break from start to finish. Booking was very easy to do on line. Reception at hotel was excellent, very efficient and helpful. Had booked 4 rooms and all were of good standard, clean & comfortable. Food in the Sky Line bar in the 12th floor very good and lovely area for a late drink, and superb views over Cannock & surrounding areas. Would definitely return and recommend.

Room Tip: Only 1 lift so would go for lower floors of you have trouble with stairs as there are 12 floors
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
PaulE755, General Manager at Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback,

I do take all comments left on this site seriously; I welcome all comments be it good or bad. I will action all points raised and share with the hotel team; I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and pleased to read your comments Thank you once again for your feedback, I look forward to you returning to the hotel

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed in an adapted room at the hotel because of problems my wife has. The check in was easy with the friendly staff. Our room as extremely clean apart from one thing, it's not big however it was annoying, the feet of the shower chair had not been cleaned and covered in mould.
Our bed was comfortable. The breakfast is self service with all the usual on offer, friendly restaurant staff
We will stay agin next time in the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest Thank you for your feedback,

I do take all comments left on this site seriously; I welcome all comments be it good or bad. I was pleased to read that you had a great stay with us and pleased to read your comments Thank you once again for your feedback,
I look forward to you returning to the hotel

Reviewed 17 June 2018

the beds were comfortable and the staff were so good with there customer service especially behind reception and ,the food is amazing and we absolutely loved the cocktails they tasted amazing there was also a lot of storage

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I look forward to you returning to the hotel