“A must try!”

Price range: US$6 - US$13
Description: Authentic Kerala Cuisine
Description: Authentic Kerala Cuisine
Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

I have eaten here 5/6 times over the last 2 months and I have fallen in love with the food on offer!

My highlights for starters are the chicken 65, onion bhajis (best I’ve had) and the chicken tikka. For mains, the errachi mappas and jalfrezi are excellent, but the star of the show has to be the lamb biryani, absolutely fantastic flavours!

Service is very friendly and the prices for me are very reasonable.

I urge you to give this fantastic restaurant a try!

4  Thank Carl R

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Not the most visually impressive from the outside but don’t let this put you off. If you love real authentic Indian food you need to try this place. The starters are the most varied and tastiest I’ve ever had from an Indian and the mains are equally impressive. Very fair prices and the best biryani I’ve ever eaten. The only problem I’ve now got is finding the time and money to keep revisiting until I’ve tried every dish on the menu.

5  Thank BlackpoolBif
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We didn't know about this restaurant until we found it on Trip advisor. This was only 4 weeks ago and we've now eaten there weekly. We love nice food and the food here is excellent. When you step through the door the aromas hit you straight away and this is when your mouth starts to water. The staff are also friendly, attentive and very helpful from the moment you enter. Anyway.....back to the food. The portions are a good size and the food piping hot. We have tried different dishes each time we have visited and would recommend all of them. The ginger lamb chops and Kerala prawn fry are must have starters. You are not rushed and encouraged to eat at your leisure. The must have mains include Varutharacha Kozhi curry, Kerala fish curry, Erachi Mappas and Saag chicken. Cannot recommend this restaurant enough...and I'm not related. Enjoy the whole experience from entering to leaving.

4  Thank Janet H
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant. The food is amazing, sooo tasty and reasonably priced. My Pinot Grigio was delicious. The service is excellent. Think this is my new favourite Indian restaurant. Will definitely be back soon.

6  Thank Cindy M
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This was our second visit after nearly 1 year. The courtesy was cordial and the decor just as clean and beatifully minimalistic (true to Keralan custom) though sadly, we suspect that those who were serving were tired. That would be surprising though since on a Bank Holiday Friday night the restaurant was only half full. We had 2 Masala Dosas, 1 Ginger Ale and 1 Sweet Lime Soda. We asked for some salt and were given an empty salt cellar! The dosas arrived with small bowls containing small portions of Sambhar and Chutney but no appropriate spoons, though there were large tablespoons and forks by the side of the platters. In India, more generous and frequent helpings of Sambhar and Chutney would have automatically been offered (such is the hospitality norm in Southern India) but here we had to request for more and there was a small charge on the bill for it. Certainly the Economy has affected us all and this otherwise wonderful establishment is no exception! We resolved that even if we did return we wouldn't have Dosas, but have the wonderful Keralan dishes instead. And we hope the restaurant thrives in spite of the economy with the owner & waiters being mindful of what and how they were serving customers, because small lapses all eventually do add up to diminish the experience.