“Belated Mothers Day Surprise”
Review of Divizia

Divizia
Ranked #8 of 136 Restaurants in Gravesend
Price range: US$13 - US$39
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Very comfortable, authentic family run Italian restaurant and delicatessen.
Reviewed 17 March 2018

16/3/18 This was a surprise mothers day treat from my wifes daughter,service was a little over the top with the waiters trying to hard to please,food was excellent however my evening was ruined by a waiter dropping a glass full of honey next to where I was sitting,the waiters cleared up the broken glass but my trousers and fleece took most of the sticky honey,which I had to sit in until I was able to get back home and change. The Head Waiter came over and apologized and offered to pay a dry cleaning bill and gave us a liqueur each ,But unfortunately I was driving and had to pass mine over, we also had a very large noisey group sitting behind us ,so although I enjoyed the food I would not be rushing back any time soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

You will go a long way (possibly to Italy) to find such authentic Italian food cooked and served by Italians. Extensive munu, ( a bit haphazardly set out). Well priced and hearty portions. King prawn starter was enormous. Good steaks and great lobster at reasonable cost. Will definitely be going again. Wines were very good too and well chosen to compliment the food.
The place sits behind an Italian delicatessen so it's easy to miss if you didn't know it was a restaurant too. Easy parking a few yards away in the old market carpark.

1  Thank Bill B
Reviewed 10 February 2018

We asked the restaurant to put a menu together to our specification and it was fantastic. Pea and ham soup, then italian cured meats, olives. salad, breads etc, then tortellini small plate and then risotto small plate, then ice cream or chocolate cake followed by italian cheeses and bread and grapes. Absolutely lovely food, great atmosphere and we kept the wine flowing all evening. Had a wonderful birthday meal and the restaurant gave us the front room area all to ourselves. Staff were excellent. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We visited recently and were pleasantly surprised with the standard of cuisine. A shame there was no soup left but the main course was excellent and my wife enjoyed her dessert. Service was a little ‘exhuberant’ as the staff were very keen to please.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Tasked with organising a team building dinner for 26 guests was no easy feat. Divizia, a quaint and authentic Italian restaurant came to the rescue!
Owners were amazing and informative and took the hard work out of such a daunting task by putting together a varied and cost effective menu for my guests to choose from before the actual day, including vegan options.
On arrival, the back room had been set up especially for our group in a huge square formation, which meant no boring long tables and being entirely stuck next to 2 people for the evening. Incredibly sociable space with everybody facing inwards, candles, white tablecloths, soft music, fabulous memorabilia.
Waiters were fantastic and attentive at all times. Coordinated every detail in a timely manner. More delicious sharing starter platters than you could shake a stick at, 26 main meals presented quickly (all yummy) and wine glasses topped up regularly.
Friendly, patient, accommodating and discreet staff. Even when there was a tiny final bill query, management were gracious and accepted the discrepancy in our favour without quibble.
For a small unassuming local restaurant, they delivered a top quality service to a huge order from start to finish!
Without doubt, would recommend Divizia in a heartbeat! Absolute hidden gem! Thank you from Embridge Consulting!

1  Thank saragO9288MM