“Saturday Night Dinner”

Price range: US$16 - US$53
Cuisines: French, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: From our lovely hare that greets you on the sign outside to our friendly & knowledgeable staff we offer a warm welcome to our pub. We have a spacious bar serving real ales and hearty bar food as well as an 80-seat brasserie serving the best of seasonal English food with a French twist. The wine list is a carefully selected journey through the best of the new World, along with some great French wines and a very special Blanc de Blancs sparkling wine that has been specially blended for us. Our gorgeous garden is the perfect spot to while away a few hours in the summer sun. Good food, real ale, friendly staff in a fresh and welcoming space: we have everything you would want in a favourite local.
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Arrived for an 815pm booking at 750pm and our table was immediately available and situated by a cosy fire. We had 3 courses each and the food was good, we had 2 glasses of prosseco and 3 glasses of wine between us. I think the alcoholic drinks are quite expensive, for example one of our drinks, a 250 ml glass of red wine was £9 and nothing special, of course I appreciate there is a significant mark up on wine in any restaurant. Service was welcoming, friendly and efficient. Overall an enjoyable evening with no issues.

TheHareWBC, General Manager at The Hare at Old Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit with us on Saturday. Always lovely to hear that my staff made you feel welcome.

Your comment on the wine pricing will be passed on to our Operations Team, as we do value what our customer think & feel.

Hope to see you soon. And the fire is always lit now :)

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

My family and I decided to eat here as it was advertised as vegan friendly. Needless to say, it was not! I was not offered a starter (which meant i had to sit hungry while my family ate), only a main course and it was not very nice/ pretty awful. I was served a pasta dish with a tomato based sauce with peas ( which was very strange). The staff were very friendly and its a Lovely setting but i wouldn't eat here again. If you are visiting harrow there are loads of fab vegetarian/ vegan restaurants i would recommend, this is definitely not one of them.

Hi Margaret, so sorry to hear you did not enjoy your meal with us.

We do not advertise that we are a Vegan restaurant but we will accommodate to the best we can, a Vegan dietary request.On request we will adapt or create a dish or dishes to suit a vegan's dietary requirement.
From your comments I can only assume you chose the Set Menu option, which is very limited by nature of it being a Set Menu at a set price. However you were more than welcome to order off the Al a Carte menu where there is a wider choice and we certainly could have offered you a dish more suited to you requirements.

We have catered for Vegan guest before and have even members of the British Vegan Society, where we were able to offer them a suitable meal.

Please if you do join us again, just let the wait staff know your requirements and we will be happy to accommodate your needs as best we can.

Saying that though, if one was looking for a vegan meal, specifically, I whole heatedly would recommend some of the great Vegan restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Came here with my brother and son for an afternoon pub meal. Walked into a half empty pub, asked for a table for 3. We were looked at very strangely, don’t think we were welcome. Offered a table right next to the door on a very cold November afternoon. Asked if they had another table. We were told they were fully booked. 5mins later 3 guys walked in, right in front of me, told the host they hadn’t booked but needed a table for 3. I was expecting them to be told that the restaurant was fully booked. No, they were shown to a wonderful table in the cosiest part of the restaurant. Whilst I n shock I looked to the right of me and saw mould growing on the wall and some sort of dried brown liquid sprayed over it. In disgust we left and went down the road to the duck in the pond, where we were greeted with smiles and great banter from one of the elderly locals sat at the bar. The host here was most friendly and we enjoyed our afternoon pub lunch together as you would expect.

1  Thank Deep M
TheHareWBC, General Manager at The Hare at Old Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Hi Deep,

Sorry to hear you felt you were not welcome. If there is one comment we do get is that guest always feel welcome but I am sincerely sorry this was not your experience.

My understanding was that you did not have a booking but that you were offered a table but that it would need to be vacated in one & half hours time. To which you declined this, opting for the vacant bar table.
As for the gentlemen that came in after you, they may have opted to take the table.
So again I am sorry that we could not offer you the table in the main dinning area for longer but we do try to accommodate our guest as far a possible.

As for the wall behind this table, this is currently suffering from a leak in the roof tiles, causing the discoloration. Some what unsightly. With it being such an old building the required repair is not always a straight forward as we would have hope, saying that, it is to be addressed in the next two weeks.

I would love for you to give us another try as your experience is not one that you should be having here at The Hare. I would love for you to experience the friendliness and the hospitality of my team.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Not good at all. Terrible food and the service was really poor. It was Thursday night burger night but no one knew about it! Bad bad bad

2  Thank Dale M
TheHareWBC, General Manager at The Hare at Old Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Hi Dale, I am surprised at your comments as we have two menu boards up with the Burger Night Specials in the restaurant, which were on display last night. Also all the wait staff were aware of Burger Night as they were briefed at the start of the evening shift.
And as I was on the floor all night with my guest and staff and at no stage was made aware of any issues.

Please feel free to email me at hare.oldredding@whitebrasserie to let me know what the issue was that you felt was the cause for "poor" service.

I look forward to hearing from you and being able to address this.

Kind regards,

James

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Came to The Hare for a family friends daughters christening reception. They were able to accommodate nearly 100 people (including children) serving a 2 course seated meal. The food was a hearty chicken roast dinner with all the trimming absolutely delicious. For dessert a range of cakes including treacle sponge and sticky toffee pudding.
Will definitely be back again!

1  Thank Esther D
TheHareWBC, General Manager at The Hare at Old Redding, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Thank you for your lovely review.

Glad you enjoyed your meal and your time with us.

We look forward to your return visit.