“A hidden gem in Pontefract”
Review of DJs Cafe

DJs Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Pontefract
Cuisines: Diner, French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: We are a small, friendly, American diner style cafe serving delicious homemade dishes. Our quiches and paninis are renowned in the area as are our fabulous cakes and pastries, all handmade by French owner, Richard. Snacks include bacon and/or sausage sandwiches, fruit teacakes and a fabulous selection of homemade fruit or cheese scones. Our special blend of coffee brings customers from miles around and receives daily compliments from all nationalities. Fancy a cold drink? Why not try our frappes or healthy yet delicious smoothies, the ever popular thick shake (huge choice of flavours - all colour and additive-free) or one of our chocolate bar shakes. All available to take-out also.
Reviewed 15 September 2016

I've been to DJs so many times now I can't count - it's the best little cafe in Pontefract by miles. I've had breakfast - lovely bacon sarnies, waffles with chocolate spread, toasted teacakes...all fantastic. I've stopped by for coffee and cake - the cakes and pastries are incredible. The smell hits you as soon as you walk in. And don't even get me started in the quiche for lunch! Wow. Often, we go in for breaky and end up coming away with a box of tiffin or quiche to take away. I just can't resist.

On top of that the owner and staff are just so friendly and welcoming, and the prices are really reasonable. The only downside is that it's apparently this 'hidden gem' has been discovered, because it's very small inside and can be tricky getting a table. Worth a try though!

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I call in here often as the coffee is the best in town The staff are lovely and really helpful. Cakes, tarts and quiches are home baked and far too delicious to resist. If I was pinned down for a negative it would be the fact that it is so hot inside (quite small) so we always sit out where seating is limited x

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

This is the best cafe in Pontefract by some distance. Try the Strawberry tarts they are delicious! Really friendly and very hospitable. Try it yourself and see what i mean. Get there early as sests are at a premium.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

I absolutely love Djs you all need to go food is lovely and milkshakes are brilliant cakes are gorg too can't explain how nice the food is you need to go for yourself

Reviewed 26 July 2016

DJ's is a must when visiting Pontefract, the coffee is made to the individuals liking and the best there is, team up with mouth-watering pastries or scones (all home made) and friendly staff mix together giving a continental bistro style experience.