“Tired”

Holiday Inn Bristol Airport
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Redhill
Reviewed 15 November 2017

The bedrooms are are a good size but are tired and could do with updating,bathrooms are small and cramped.The restaurant is expensive considering the food on offer and if you want a bottle of wine be prepared to pay an extortionate price.The airport shuttle is a good service but considering you’ve stayed at the hotel it would be a nice touch if it was offered as a courtesy rather than a charge.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
DeputyG, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hi Nigel S,
thanks for your review regarding your last stay with us. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms big and the convenient service of the shuttle to the airport.
We are in the process of painting and refreshing rooms to keep them to a good standard.
We appreciate your feedback as it helps us very much to keep improving and take actions where need it.
Thanks again and take care.
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

My first hotel review. How exciting, they had mulled wine and mince pies out for guests on arrival. I don’t think it was alcoholic, but I guess that’s for the best.
I’ve stayed in my room and was able to make a good start to my novel. “Memoirs of a Henchman”. I bet you want to know more about the hotel, well, read another review. (A positive one).
Chapter one sees our protagonist at the run down nuclear power plant, guarding the door to something most probably important. He can only assume, since in the 63 days on the job, it has been manned 24/7 and only been used 7, no wait, 8, no, sorry, it was 7 times. He thought it was 8 because of that time an engineer was going to enter, then after patting his pockets, realised he was supposed to be in another part of the plant.
So 63 days, 7 times. That makes it less than - what was that - anyway, that’s around once every. ‘Thunk’ a heavy, almost steel like palm had struck his neck and he dropped like a stone rectangle. As his eyesight dimmed and he drifted out of the conscious world, he saw a glimmer of the yellow cape worn by...

That’s as far as I got. Food’s arrived and looks pretty good. Burger me. 5*

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hi Chris D,
thank you very much for your 5 stars review at our property and thanks as well for sharing with us the beginning of your book that hopefully you enjoyed reading comfortably during your stay.
I hope you enjoyed as well the burger you ordered for dinner as all our team at the kitchen and Restaurant work very hard to provide good food delivered with good service.
Looking forward to welcome you back in a near future.
Kind Regards and best wishes.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Tired, dated and smelly rooms, staff who were not very helpful and struggled with their English and absolutely no mobile phone signal (perhaps they should get a booster?). Holiday Inn is such a variable company from the excellent to poor - this is at the wrong end of that spectrum!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
DeputyG, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hi Jo B,
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your last stay with us, please accept my apologise for the issues you had experienced at out property.
We are working indeed in different ways to keep improving and your comments has been passed to all team to take actions and implement more training for all the staff.
Thanks again for your feedback and best wishes.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed for a weekend for a nearby family wedding. The location is remote and taxis are hard to come by. We stayed in a ground floor room just past the gym. When we laid in bed, we could see a thick layer of dust on the wall where previous guests had written 'clean me' and other witty one liners.... Breakfast was ok. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Cleopatra83,
thanks for you review regarding your stay with us. I am very concerned to hear about the cleanliness of your room as this is not the usual standard we provide to our guest.
Your comments has been passed to the housekeeping manager and we are working to prevent this happen again.
Thanks again for your comments and take take.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Arrived for an overnight stay after a late flight into Bristol Airport that had been delayed 2 hours, so we did not actually check in until the early hours. The receptionist was friendly and helpful and we quickly got to our room . The room itself was in a poor state with badly stained carpet and a generally poor standard of housekeeping. I also found that sleep was difficult with poor pillows and a mattress which appeared to have a spring digging into me. In the morning I also discovered some sort of biological deposit on the bed base. As a IHG Club platinum member I have stayed in IHG hotels all over the world and I must admit that this was one of the worst in terms of room quality. I reported my concerns to reception the next day and admit that the receptionist was very apologetic and helpful. As the only IHG hotel anywhere near Bristol Airport I feel that it needs to up its game and certainly a refurbishment of the rooms and an improvement in housekeeping standards is called for.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DeputyG, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hi Empcom,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel, I am glad that you found the staff helpful but please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.
We endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed to prevent to happen again.
We are indeed refurbishing the bedrooms in the latter part of the year.
Thanks again and best wishes.
Cesar Moreno
Deputy General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Redhill
3.8 km away
15.8 km away
Holiday Inn Bristol City Centre
5.3 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Bristol South - Cadbury House

Been to Holiday Inn Bristol Airport? Share your experiences!