Redhill House(Redhill)
US$141
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsan early flightwake up callovernight parkingon arrivalduty managerreception staffovernight staygood nights sleepfollowing morningchecking inpleasant staystayed for one nightshuttlebristoldebbiesilver
Reviewed 14 November 2017 via mobile

My first hotel review. How exciting, they had mulled wine and mince pies out for guests on arrival. I don’t think it was alcoholic, but I guess that’s for the best.
I’ve stayed in my room and was able to make a good start to my novel. “Memoirs of a Henchman”. I bet you want to know more about the hotel, well, read another review. (A positive one).
Chapter one sees our protagonist at the run down nuclear power plant, guarding the door to something most probably important. He can only assume, since in the 63 days on the job, it has been manned 24/7 and only been used 7, no wait, 8, no, sorry, it was 7 times. He thought it was 8 because of that time an engineer was going to enter, then after patting his pockets, realised he was supposed to be in another part of the plant.
So 63 days, 7 times. That makes it less than - what was that - anyway, that’s around once every. ‘Thunk’ a heavy, almost steel like palm had struck his neck and he dropped like a stone rectangle. As his eyesight dimmed and he drifted out of the conscious world, he saw a glimmer of the yellow cape worn by...

That’s as far as I got. Food’s arrived and looks pretty good. Burger me. 5*

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
DeputyG, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Hi Chris D,
thank you very much for your 5 stars review at our property and thanks as well for sharing with us the beginning of your book that hopefully you enjoyed reading comfortably during your stay.
I hope you enjoyed as well the burger you ordered for dinner as all our team at the kitchen and Restaurant work very hard to provide good food delivered with good service.
Looking forward to welcome you back in a near future.
Kind Regards and best wishes.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Tired, dated and smelly rooms, staff who were not very helpful and struggled with their English and absolutely no mobile phone signal (perhaps they should get a booster?). Holiday Inn is such a variable company from the excellent to poor - this is at the wrong end of that spectrum!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
DeputyG, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Hi Jo B,
thank you very much for taking the time to write a review regarding your last stay with us, please accept my apologise for the issues you had experienced at out property.
We are working indeed in different ways to keep improving and your comments has been passed to all team to take actions and implement more training for all the staff.
Thanks again for your feedback and best wishes.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

Stayed for a weekend for a nearby family wedding. The location is remote and taxis are hard to come by. We stayed in a ground floor room just past the gym. When we laid in bed, we could see a thick layer of dust on the wall where previous guests had written 'clean me' and other witty one liners.... Breakfast was ok. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Cleopatra83,
thanks for you review regarding your stay with us. I am very concerned to hear about the cleanliness of your room as this is not the usual standard we provide to our guest.
Your comments has been passed to the housekeeping manager and we are working to prevent this happen again.
Thanks again for your comments and take take.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Arrived for an overnight stay after a late flight into Bristol Airport that had been delayed 2 hours, so we did not actually check in until the early hours. The receptionist was friendly and helpful and we quickly got to our room . The room itself was in a poor state with badly stained carpet and a generally poor standard of housekeeping. I also found that sleep was difficult with poor pillows and a mattress which appeared to have a spring digging into me. In the morning I also discovered some sort of biological deposit on the bed base. As a IHG Club platinum member I have stayed in IHG hotels all over the world and I must admit that this was one of the worst in terms of room quality. I reported my concerns to reception the next day and admit that the receptionist was very apologetic and helpful. As the only IHG hotel anywhere near Bristol Airport I feel that it needs to up its game and certainly a refurbishment of the rooms and an improvement in housekeeping standards is called for.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DeputyG, Deputy General Manager at Holiday Inn Bristol Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hi Empcom,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel, I am glad that you found the staff helpful but please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.
We endeavour to ensure all our guests have a relaxed stay in a comfortable environment and I apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed to prevent to happen again.
We are indeed refurbishing the bedrooms in the latter part of the year.
Thanks again and best wishes.
Cesar Moreno
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Arrived late on a wednesday night for overnight with parking for 4 days. Booked "Executive Family Room" for family with 2 kids. Receptionist was somewhat random with no real idea of our parking dates: having filled in numerous forms we finally checked in. Room was small and very basic, double bed was rock hard and the pillows perhaps the most uncomfortable I have ever slept on (I travel weekly worldwide on business): kids were on a sofa bed circa 1975 which was well worn with visible springs. Bathroom had the most basic amenities with the added extra of a used earbud on the sink. In the morning we checked out: no one informed us of breakfast availabilty at 6.30 am. Breakfast room was deserted and in semi darkness, zero staff and totally uninviting. Frankly given the price (£195) one can do far better in Bristol area.

Stayed: October 2017
2  Thank KateSmiths0n

Dear KateSmithsOn,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience during your recent stay. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to my attention and apologise for any inconvenience you may have experienced.
Guest Satisfaction is truly important to us and It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future, your experiences will be carefully reviewed with all the departments concerned and corrective training will be implemented accordingly. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.
Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us.
We hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.
Kind Regards.