1,401 results
All reviews steam room ice room thermal suite relaxation room privilege room duty manager leisure facilities reception staff wedding reception evening meal wedding party from start to finish plenty of parking couldn't do enough good nights sleep full english treatment
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel needs a thorough restauration. Quite old with potential for great atmosphere but needs a lot of attention.

Meeting rooms are tatty, carpets shabby and the whole place is cold. Rooms are sober and hot water in shower is terrible, low volume and pressure.

Pro: fitness area is quite big, and the view is quite nice towards country side.

Food is mediocre at best and overall buffet cleaning is bad.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Hicham B, General Manager at Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Evan R,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry your experience at our hotel was not to your satisfaction.

We have been renovating the hotel for over 18 months now and the work is still being carried on. I am disappointed you found the food mediocre as since we changed the menus we had great feedback but i will certainly investigate the matter with our head chef and Operations manager.

However i am glad you enjoyed our fitness area.

I hope you will return in the future to see the complete Norton Grange Hotel and Spa.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Just back from an amazing spa day with a friend.
The treatments were fantastic really recommend the back massage .Lunch was beautifully presented and the spa is amazing absolutely loved the outdoor Jacuzzi. Amazing value everybody concerned went out of their way to make sure we had an enjoyable experience.Already planning my next trip.
Lorna

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear lornapOldham,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am pleased that you had a great experience at our spa.

We are all proud of the spa and the team. The level of service they provide is great and i will make sure i share your review with them.

we are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

treated the wife to a 2 night break with breakfast 3 course dinner and spa.
was the first time we've been to a spa and we loved it. The staff all round were brilliant and friendly. All well presented.
We both had massage (double room) and facials which lovely. The upstairs treatment area is clean and tidy with a relaxing atmosphere from walking in. We also enjoyed the relax room with low mood lighting and a bubble wall.
Downstairs the pool was a good size for swimming and they have family swim times but no separate pool. We enjoyed the jacuzzi with waterfall and saunas. Theres also a well equipped gym with personal trainers available.
The bedroom was comfortable with chairs and table dresser and TV unit. The lighting was soft. Bathroom was bright and clean. Plenty of towels.

On weekends breakfast is served buffet style with lots of choice full english lots of fruit croissants and cereal. Dinner was 3 course either in the bistro or restaurant.
We thought the menu was a bit restrictive. The package give you an allowance for dinner but we never went over it by much.
We hope to return for a spa day in the future!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear David K,

Thank you for sharing your experience.

I am pleased that all aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction. Our spa facilities are some of the best in the area and the team are doing a great job with the service and treatments.

Our rooms were recently refurbished and i am happy you liked what we did with them.

However I do apologise if you found the menu restrictive but i did speak to our head chef and we will be extending the choices very soon.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

I recently visited the spa with my mother for a spa day treat. The gym was small but great for those who fancy a quick workout before their spa day. The swimming pool and jacuzzi area were lovely, with steam room and sauna facilities. We booked in to have lunch, where we could choose from a good selection what to eat and the time we could have it which was really nice. There was also a nice quiet relaxation room to sleep in whilst we were waiting for our massage and facial. We also booked in for a back massage which was one of the best massages i have ever had as well as a facial which was also really good!
The whole day was really cheap for what was included - we would definitely go back!
The staff were all really friendly too which made the day even better, they were really helpful and gave us a tour around the facilities!

Room Tip: Quieter days tend to be during the week
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

I felt so grateful and happy too for the lovely massage I had. Also, I am really glad to have it, because this is my best back massage I ever had before. The lady who done it for me her name is Hayley Mills the massage was up to 50 minutes (back, neck and facial) it was fabulous. I enjoyed and I am sure I will come back again and I do highly recommend H Mills.

Ben