“What an extremely pleasant surprise!!!!”
Review of Campanile Runcorn

Campanile Runcorn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Runcorn
Reviewed 16 April 2017

Well what can I say, my partner and I accompanied by our small dog decided to book some last minute accommodation for easter weekend for work purposes. We of course found it difficult to find somewhere to stay at such short notice but managed to book a room at the Campanile in Runcorn at a bargain rate, we were of course expecting a basic service/room for our stay....How wrong were we. We arrived and was greeted by the lovely Paul who was extremely helpful and friendly who told us about meal times, internet etc.I asked if we could be on the ground floor so my work gear was easier to bring in the room, this again was not a problem for Paul and we checked into our room. The room was rustic with not speck of dust anywhere (I did the Alex Polizzi's room check!) It was spacious with spare towels and pillows. The bed was divine and we all slept very well. The bathroom came with there own Shampoo and shower gel and the shower was one of the most powerful i have ever been in.The cleaning staff were also lovely who asked if we needed the room servicing, more tea and coffee etc, to which we declined as I wasn't expecting it anyway. The hotel is in easy reach to most places, in the day we nipped to Liverpool to check out the sights and were not disappointed. After finding out that I had work on the Sunday evening I asked if we could possibly pay a bit more for a later check out, Paul said this is not something they usually offer however he would check availability and get back to me. As the hotel was not to busy on the sunday Paul has managed to keep us in our room until a bit later on. I travel around a lot for my work in various accommodation both budget and more upmarket nationwide and can honestly say that Hotel Campanile in Runcorn is up there in my top ten. Its not always about the finer things, sometimes a friendly hotel with caring staff is all you need. I definitely will be back here and using the Campanile brand from now on and will happily recommend this accommodation to friends and family alike. 10/10 thank you x

Room Tip: Ground floor as you can park your car next to the room.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam W
Jennie C, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear Adam W,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay in such detail.

I’m pleased to read you enjoyed your stay, with us here at Campanile Runcorn. We pride ourselves on delivering, exceptional levels of customer service throughout the hotel. Thank you for your appreciation for Paul, I have shared this with the whole team who work hard to ensure all our guest have a pleasant stay and positive comments, such as yours, always encourage us to do better.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I've reviewed this place before so won't completely repeat myself. The rooms are in a block set apart from the reception and restaurant building. The accommodation block is reminiscent of an 80s council housing block replete with concrete stairwells. However, the unappealing architecture belies a good hotel. The rooms are roomy, warm, en suite, well lit, good bed, free wifi if you book direct, good telly.

Breakfast is good with a decent range of options.

Walking distance of Runcorn town shops, pubs and restaurants, and also round corner from a train station where you can get to Liverpool for the night for about £7 return.

Free car park.

Very reasonably priced.

I happily keep coming back here.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank tthalliday1
Jennie C, General Manager at Campanile Runcorn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear tthalliday1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review,

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received excellent customer service from our team. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your overall stay. We hope next time you visit Runcorn you stay with us once again.

Kind Regards,
Jennie
GM

Reviewed 7 April 2017

There is a lot of hysteria in the reviews for this hotel. It is a budget hotel and you get what you pay for. It's shabby in places and dated, but clean and well kept. The staff are friendly and it has everything you could need. I didn't have the breakfast but it smelled great and I wished I had time for it. I've experienced much worse than this place. Anyone who has stayed in an american motel will recognise the format but this is a fraction of the prices charged over there. It is right near the train station and near an airport so it is not quiet but I suspect, like me, you want to stay here for business - and to be near those same 'noisy' travel amenities. Looking past the shabbiness, it has a comfortable room with the addition of European-style black-out drop down exterior blinds so noise/light can get blocked out. I guess half the reviewers on here didn't realise. It is a nice touch that is unusual for UK. If I was stuck for accommodation in Liverpool (I stayed here because of Grand National elevating Liverpool hotel prices), I would stay here again. So close to the stn!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kim P

Dear Kim P,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review,

Kind Regards,
Jennie
GM

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Booked 2 rooms for 1 night after a Liverpool FC match. It was literally a 2 minute walk a from the train station.Both rooms were clean and tidy, beds were comfy and it was nice to stay somewhere that had a decent shower( also had a bath). We arrived and were greeted by really friendly staff, the resturant was serving until 9.30pm so we ate there, good variety of food which was very good value for money.
Would definitely stay here again if up that way and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor if not good with stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

Dear Niki H,

Thank you for taking the time to review Campanile Hotel Runcorn.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and its services to your comfort and liking. Thank you for your compliments to my team, I shall be thrilled to pass them on to them.

I very much hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

We came up to Liverpool for the Liverpool Legends game and needed a place to stay but the hotels near Anfield were a bit pricey so we decided to book this hotel which was £70 for 2 nights. After reading the reviews I thought maybe we were taking a big gamble but after arriving here we are amazed at the value for money at this hotel. The receptionist/chef/barman was very friendly and helpful. He also serves up a mean sausages and mash and burger! The white wine he served me was a great choice too. The room was clean and had everything we needed. I like hotels which have normal sized kettle and cups! The big tv is a bonus. We also like the fact that the rooms are in a separate block and if you are a smoker you only have to step outside your door to have a ciggy. The rooms are a bit dated and a tiny bit shabby but the service, food, value and convenience more than make up for it. There is also ample car parking and although previous reviews talk about airplane noise and shouting etc we could only vaguely hear a road but not much else. Very happy with this hotel.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Jean M,

Thank you for taking the time to review Campanile Hotel Runcorn.

I very much hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Kind regards
Jennie C

Also consider these accommodations in or near Runcorn
4.3 km away
5.0 km away
The Old Hall Hotel
The Old Hall Hotel
#2 of 3 in Frodsham

Been to Campanile Runcorn? Share your experiences!