All reviews rocking chairs charming hotel haitian art mosquito net rum sours the owner bassin bleu bar restaurant fresh bread canopy bed old world place to stay live music cultural events central location historic charm high ceilings
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Granted, we are in Haiti and expectations should be kept in check, but that is very disappointing. Never would we thing we’d gave to worry about doors that actually open into a street and don’t close, unclean floors, a toilet venting right in the room, cockroaches, leaking sinks, sticky restaurant tables amd chairs, $8 cocktails. Unacceptable, given this is US owned. Staff is super helpful, kind, local and just fantastic.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank crozzaHome
Reviewed 23 July 2018

This place was great. We spent 3 nights here while we stayed in Jacmel and had a great time. Beautifully decorated, amazing artwork and great atmosphere. It's got a wonderful balcony to relax and take in the city if you stay in one of those rooms. Its a must stay if your coming through the south of haiti. When we were here we got the chance to experience a presentation on the architecture and peoples of Jacmel in the bar/restaurant that put a whole new appreciation to the wonder in this city.
Ask about the wifi when your there (multiple wifis for the different areas).
Keep in mind they had no A/C. Fans kept us comfortable. They may be looking to upgrade to A/C in the future.

Room Tip: Room 7 i think. Ask about the room with the balcony if in your budget.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Hotel F, Manager at The Hotel Florita, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you for your stay with us and your review. I take note of your suggestion and the next time we will do our best to satisfy you.
I look forward to see you soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2018

When previously in Jacmel, I've enjoyed the Florita's historic charm, impressive collection of Haitian art, and delicious drinks. This time around, I was thrilled to learn that they offer a discount for nonprofits so that I could actually stay there while working at the Pazapa Center. What a treat that was! The team did an incredible job with my many requests - from the vegetarian food to the expert driver (who's even happy to help translate), and everything in between. If you spend any time with them it's easy to see the heart behind the Florita. Jean and his team are eager to help the community whenever they can, and I saw the impact of some of their efforts, including beautifying the beach and giving opportunities to young women with disabilities.

Sure, the internet can be unpredictable in Haiti and the infrastructure of an 1888 mansion isn't exactly conducive to air con. But the Florita more than makes up for all that with personality and hospitality (and fans!). Over multiple visits I've learned that Jacmel is a very safe and welcoming community, so it's a great place to go regardless of what's going on in Port au Prince. This time, I took a charter flight direct from Jacmel to the PAP airport and that made for an easy departure - not to mention spectacular views of the beaches and mountains. If you go to Haiti, don't miss the art capital of Jacmel, or this gem of a hotel!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear Faith,

Thank for your stay with us and your review.

I am looking forward to seeing you in February and your group.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

This place was pure spirits and ghosts. Magical old mansion. Drinks were icy and tasty and sour. Nice dog walked by during our first meal, late at night. The staff were like old friends from past dreams. All nice funny people (Clerk – Angelo Luxoma, Housemaids – Adeline and Squire, Waitress – Beatrice).

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review.I am looking forward to seeing you soon at Hotel Florita.

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Rustic feel. Nice ambiance. Well maintained hotel for an old structure. Hospitable staff. Enjoyed breakfast. Drinks were not watered down. Only thing is I wish there were more options to keep cool. They do not have air conditioners. Fans are somewhat adequate but for someone like me who is always hot coupled with being on an island, I couldve used something stronger to keep cool. Other than that I definitely recommend staying here!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Hotel F, Manager at The Hotel Florita, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Thank you for your stay with us and I appreciate that you taking your time to review us. I am looking forward to seeing you soon.