“Wow!!!”

Ranked #20 of 146 Restaurants in Aguadilla
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Having grown up on the border of Mexico, this is the closest food I have found to Mexican cuisine yet here in Puerto Rico. Their tacos (or taquitos as I would call them) were fantastic!!! We had the chicken and pork. Wow! I couldn't have made it better at home. The tomatillo salsa was to die for, only if you like spicy. The guava salsa was good, and less spicy. But we ended up with the tomatillo to go for breakfast on eggs tomorrow. The margaritas were good, and the fact you can get Jarritos is awesome! We also got an order of pozole to go for breakfast in the morning. Can't wait for the AM to arrive! This was an awesome surprise, especially after living here for 4 years and not knowing of this place. We will definitely be back!!

1  Thank Saabgreen

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Went there once and the place wasn't very clean and the food terrible.American owners and puerto Rican staff,no Mexicans cooking and is a taco place.don't go there go to Rosalind instead,it's a better place to eat Mexican food

TaqueriaLaReina, Owner at Taqueria La Reina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2017

Dear Mr. Jose R.
The fact that I was born in Puerto Rico (Yes, I am an AMERICAN Citizen), just as you are, speak 3 languages and had traveled, and worked in several countries (including as a COOK in Mexico for 5 years) is a pretty good indication that what I put on your plate is authentic as it gets even though not everyone understand or had experienced real Mexican Cuisine. Most of my Comensales Do.
Let's see if you get this short story... My sister was also born in P.R. She has never cooked a meal and has no food palate whatsoever. If she opens a Puerto Rican restaurant in Mexico... Would your opinion be that it is a good restaurant because she (the cook) is Puerto Rican?
Your suggestion of Rosalinda clearly indicates your level of expertise in "Real Mexican Food" and your motivation to write this post. Thanks for your opinion.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Great experience. Would definitely recommend! Atmosphere was super friendly and pleasant! Nice lady helped translate since we speak English and the menu is in Spanish!

Reviewed 27 April 2017

Mexican food pretty nice looking place the service was good food was served Pretty fast but the food was not that good I did not really feel I was eating Mexican food

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff. The food was excellent, we had the burrito and quesadilla. The guava sauce was sweet and spicy and went well with the chips. Would recommend for anyone looking for some good grub on the island.

TaqueriaLaReina, Owner at Taqueria La Reina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2017

Thank you for visiting us and your review is greatly appreciated. La Reina