Sea Breeze Hotel
Hillbay View Villas(Culebra)(Great Value!)
US$220
  • Bar/Lounge
El Blok Hotel(Esperanza)
US$162
  • Breakfast included
Malecon House(Isla de Vieques)
US$178
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Avoid this place at all costs, unless you are insane. We had leeches crawling on our bedroom floor and in our bathtub, old beer bottles under our bed, dozens of mosquitoes flying through the room, and our car's tires got flattened overnight. And all that was BEFORE Hurricane Irene hit. The hurricane knocked a few mission tiles off our roof and flooded our room with 1 inch of water. The staff wouldn't help us, except to hand us a squeegee, which we used to shove the water into the drains on the veranda. But then another inch of water seeped in through the walls, so we squeegeed that out too. We had paid them $1,000 in advance, but when our AC unit ruptured, they would not fix it, and they told us to take a hike, which we did. ALL TRUE.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mark O
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

WE are sorry but this person never stayed in seabreeze hotel, he was a client of a neighbor to seabreeze hotel and has left this review without any real experience of the seabreeze hotel. SeaBreeze never received payment or acknowledged this person as a client to the hotel.

We aplogize for this misinterpretation.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

I found that the best review to describe this place is the one titled “Beware of the non-inclusive "all inclusive" Because we can totally relate.
When we arrived to the hotel we had high expectations since the place looked very beautiful. The clerk received us with a smile, and seemed to be genuinely serviceable. The staff was very attentive.
When I got to my room I started to examine the “Itinerary” and the first thing I noticed was that the “All inclusive” had a schedule for the open bar and the food. Whattt!!! Is this an all inclusive or somewhat inclusive? Well since we were already there, I thought let’s try to make the best of it.
After I finish with reading and trying to memorize the itinerary, I stepped to the balcony, and for my surprise the sliding door didn’t have a lock, huh! O well, “”let’s bring it to their attention so they can get it fixed” I said. After I did that, they told me that they were going to look for a pin to lock the door. At the end of the night I asked one of the employees what happened with the pin to which he replied that they had looked everywhere and they could not find anything, but not to worry because the place is very safe, am I supposed to trust a stranger? Well I’m glad nothing happened!
The food never arrived on time as per their “Itinerary”. The first night was supposed to include a DJ and dance music from 9:00pm till 2:00am which never happened. When asked one of the employees about the matter, he replied that it was a printing error. Seriously!!!
The place is beautiful without a doubt, great location, great intentions, but not quite there yet.
But I found that they miss the mark. The iron beams in the lobby ceiling are not completely painted, the Jacuzzi was not working, and nobody seemed to be trying to fix it, the rooms seemed cleaned until I opened one of the closet and found a used towel on the floor, the bathroom lighting was poor, and when I looked out the bathroom window there were two wasp hives. After opening the sofa-bed I found a bunch of hangers, snack wrappers and lots of dust.
All of the above I can tolerate, but to my surprise I ended up with critters under my skin, and that really got to me! Even if your resources are limited there is no reason to endanger anyone’s health. If the rooms where like that, I can only imagine how clean the kitchen is…

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Juan O
javicela, Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Thank you for your review.
In reference to the all inclusvie schedule, we do not provide 24hr. open bars. Our detailed schedule is sent with the reservation and also you may find it on our website. Our all inclusive provides buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus over 20 hours of open bar in a 2 night stay.
We understand we had a delay for several minutes to serve the buffet on friday night, hardly over 20 minutes, we are working hard to keep on schedule. We appologize for the delay.
As advised in our webpage, we recently took over the structure and part of the remodeling is painting the clubhouse, which takes several weeks to do so, the beams you described are over 40 feet high and need special trucks not found in Culebra. We are in the process of importing the needed machinery to finish the job and also add a 20 ft. fan in the process.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

The hotel was a pretty location. However service was horrible. All inclusive package had very few things. Food ran out before you could have any. Complaints where brought to the attention o the managers who did nothing. The rooms had bed bugs and lots of infestations throughout. I do not recomend to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank T-zen1

We, at SeaBreeze are very sorry you missed the times for the buffet schedule, but our food has never run out and our all inclusive schedule and offer is detailed on your reservation as well as in our webpage.
In some cases, we even provide takeout packets for those arriving to checkin after 11:00pm and previously informs the hotel.
We are sorry we couldn't meet your expectations. We limit the brands and other small details to be able to offer low special prices.
Always remember, for high shelve liqours there is a premium package available.
Thanks for your review.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

We had a great time in an all inclusive weekend and the view on the villaa ia great. The food was great and the service also. Will go back soon!

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 15 February 2012

It started badly. A hotel with an English name that advertises in English as the finest hotel in Culebra, doesn't have an English speaking desk clerk.First the good news, Culebra is a beautiful island off the West coast of Puerto Rico, with many unspoiled and gorgeous beaches. Now the bad news, The Sea Breeze Hotel. Its like a new people's that have discovered an abandoned site from a previous civilization.Beautiful buildings not quite finished in a beautiful spot.No hot water the 1st night, tepid the 2nd.One lamp with a 40 watt bulb in the bed room , halfthe outlets didn't work.Half the lighting fixtures were temporary porcelains.First night the stunning bar had no Rum. That's likeEdinburgh having no Scotch or Louisville having no Bourbon.The topper was we went out on our rooms terrace to take in the view and the door automatically locked behind us.Thank God for he 2 Spanish Speaking Med students in the room next door. Who finally got someone to come with a key( wrong key the 1st time) and 45 minutes later we were out and on our way to Flamenco Beach( lovel). Culebra is worth the effort, but stay some place else and have drink at Sea Breezes Bar , if they have the Rum.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
javicela, Manager at Sea Breeze Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

We are sorry for your inconvenience, we have several front desk clerk during the week and not all billingual, but i am sure someone was able to help you out. Starting with the hotel who has a manager's Bachelors degree is from Pittsburgh, PA.
Our bar carries over 7 different kinds of rums, maybe we ran out of the one you like, and for that we appologize. We'll make an effort to keep more rum flavors.
Our sliding doors shut when you are on the outside, so that when you are inside the bedroom, you are able to lock yourself for safety. Although Culebra is a virtually no crime town, it is always best to be safe. I am glad our staff was able to open the door from the inside.
When you come back, please let us know the rum you would prefer and we will gladly try to have it ready to be served.
Thanks for staying with us.