“Banana Nut French Toast and Candied Bacon!”
Review of Slappy Cakes Maui

Slappy Cakes Maui
Ranked #4 of 9 Restaurants in Ka'anapali
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 January 2018

We visited here last January and had to go this trip too! I had the Banana Nut French Toast and my husband had the Country Fried Steak; and of course we had to have an order of Candied bacon. Everything was delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,376)

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Bright and clean surrounding, terrific service, and the usual generous American portions. Pancakes (Hawaiian and Elvis) were tasty and made with fresh, local ingrediants.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped for a late breakfast after a hike around the Lake Loop in Kapalua. Whatever calories we burned in that vigorous hour on the trail, they were no match for breakfast at Slappy Cakes.

We did not try cooking at our table on the first visit. My wife had the Banana Bread French Toast, our son had the Avocado Toast Benedict, and I tried the Hawaiian Pancakes, covered with whipped cream, bananas and pineapple. And since that wasn't decadent enough, we added liberal doses of coconut syrup to just about everything.

All the entrees were delicious, and we ate far more than we needed. As my son put it, "I'm so uncomfortably full, why can't I stop eating?" We spent most of the afternoon in a carb-induced coma.

1  Thank Bret H
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We had eagerly look forward to this place having heard excellent reviews about the food. We expected a wait an we got one, almost an hour. It was pouring with rain and so we sat in a soggy and cold parking lot. Once at our table we expected to have hot coffee served or offered or something. The staff were very slow and lack lustre. Their clothing looked liked it had not been washed in a week and there was no semblance of uniform. We should have left then. Many tables were not cleared and there was an excess of mess on the floors. The behind the scene area was a disgrace. Well we decided to order eventually and go the chocolate pancake batter, syrup and white chocolate chips. The batter was thick and dreary and it took an age on the semi warm hot plate. I waited almost 20 minutes to be offered more coffee after asking twice. The main food came and I had the Loco Poco? Ugh, luke warm thin gravy over stodgy rice. Others had a burrito and kitchen made pancakes, much better than the diy variety. Overall a complete waste of time...go elsewhere!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

We were staying at Westin Resorts and wanted to try some local favs and stumbled up this place while looking at Yelp. It is definitely a must try if you are in Maui, the place is usually crowded and might take longer if you opt for one of those "make your own" pancake. We just went ahead with the regular menu as we wanted to spend time exploring Maui and not spend too much time waiting in a restaurant.

1  Thank Jatin G