Hotel Pousada Esmeralda(Itatiaia National Park)
Book now, pay at stay
US$79
Hotel Chales Terra Nova(Itatiaia National Park)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$147
  • Breakfast included
Pousada Cabanas do Visconde(Itatiaia National Park)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Vista Linda Hotel(Itatiaia National Park)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2014

This hotel is quite and charmant,
You have every thing to occupy kids
Football volley table tennis swimming pool hot and cold billard, and also treck,
Food is great
Personal sympathic
Be sure to know how to make fire as there is no heater in the chalet
Otherwise you are surrounded by birds monkey
The only thing to take into account is that the road to get there is dedicated to 4X4, or cars elevated.
Entrance of the park is 50 reais for two for the week end, and then feel free to treck !

Room Tip: Chalet is nice to be
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vivgedeon
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Itatiaia is a wonderful place to stay, the forest and wildlife are fantastic. I have been to Brazil many times and sort of know what to expect in a forest pousada. You will find rustic chalets without comforts such as internet and a decent tv, and you cannot avoid some mustiness and damp feeling in them. Fair enough, but you can expect things to work eg hot water, and to be clean. Our chalets, 2 couples, were in very poor condition and the whole hotel needs maintenance wherever you look. The exception being the dining room where the food was a good standard and service also good. We also stayed at Hotel Ype further into the park which was frankly far superior and a bit cheaper. All these sort of hotels have big maintenance challenges but at Ype you sense they are being actively addressed whereas Donati has an air of resignation about it. Staff nice but no-one obviously in charge . If you do come here i strongly suggest you avoid the older chalets. Full board is now about £120 per day per couple, still not bad for 3 good meals in a fantastic setting but our accommodation was significantly below reasonable standards.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank StAlbanstwo
Reviewed 3 July 2012

First of all, the staff here is top notch and do everything possible to help you have a relaxing time. The food was great, and when you look at the price, you have to realize that this is including all of your meals and that driving to get food would be a huge waste of time and gas. The rooms were cute little cabins with a main bedroom that has a tv, table, 2 chairs, fireplace, & mini fridge and a front room with a large padded bed-sized bench (which could easily sleep a kid or a smaller person). I had a regular cabin with a stand up shower, the water pressure was great (and it didn't run out of hot water which was a must after hiking all day). I was also able to temporarily unplug the mini fridge to plug in my high voltage US hair dryer and it worked just fine (it may have worked in another outlet, too, but I always get a little worried about my hair appliances blowing fuses). So being clean, well groomed, and well fed, all while being in the rainforest and feeling like a "nature girl" was a great experience. Internet is only available via wifi in the lodge, and it's kind of slow. I was able to FaceTime/Skype with my BF, but it froze up frequently enough that I kept it short. The TV was old and fuzzy, and it made a high pitched noise when on.....but that's not why you are there, so who cares! Swimming pool indoors is heated and the outdoor one is cold spring-fed water. I didnt swim, but I would have if I wasnt so worn out by the end of the day.
Tips: If you come with a group I reccommend bringing some board games or something to do at night, otherwise, the stars, reading, or a glass of wine by the fire is plenty of entertainment after a long day of hiking. The mini fridge stocks 2 beers (bohemia), coca cola, guarana, and 2 bottles of water, and there is not price gauging like in the states. I think the beers were 4 reals each and the waters were 3...but you could always bring some snacks and stuff of your own. Word to the wise: Don't leave any food out! I left some cookies out and ants got in. I threw them in the trash and when I came back from hiking, the room was spotless and the ants were gone. Also, look at how the firewood is set up before lighting it. They set it up for you, but if you want it to stay lit, you might need to adjust it a little first.

I highly recommend this place, and I want to come back here with my BF eventually (but with a rented SUV, because the roads that get to some of the less traveled hiking spots are definitely too rough for delicate cars)

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Brittany H
Reviewed 26 May 2012

It´s a wonderful place to stay if you want to enjoy the National Park all day. I like it so much. The package included meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner). It´s confortable and good to couples.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Larissa_Farias
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We were surprised to find a perfect getaway from our hectic life. Beautiful landscapes, charming chalets, delicious food and breakfast. Not a luxurious hotel, but welcoming and unique. Nice National Park - the first in Brazil - and lots of interesting natural sights nearby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family