“Great setting, bog standard overpriced food.”

Coco Cubano Blacktown
Ranked #196 of 319 Restaurants in Blacktown
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Literally have just come from a birthday celebration this evening and am that disappointment i felt compelled to write a review as soon as i got home.

This was my first time eating Coco Cabano and at this location. Face value the atmosphere and setting is very nice - warm, cosy and decorative. But unfortunately that’s as far as positives go, considering this was my first time I was hoping for the food to also excite me the same way my first impression of the place did but man was I underwhelmed.

220g sirloin steak priced at a whopping $30. Dry. Bland. Literally a handful of Chips and measly crunchy salad served with this overpriced meal. Chicken lollipops dry ASF, even the yoghurt sauce couldn’t save that disaster. Pork ribs granted in large serving but tasteless and some parts burnt. It’s like ‘let’s cook food as dry as we possibly can’ and ‘serve as little as we can’ night!

Yes I didn’t try any tapas or fajitas so I can’t say much for the “Cuban” food but my point remains the same, the meals I did eat was nothing special, it felt like any other steak slash burger joint. To be completely honest Rashays food especially their steaks and grilled chicken taste so much better and guess what, more value for your money!

Will I go back? I doubt it. If I ever eat at Blacktown on four again I’d rather go to Hogs Breath, just like Rashays at least I’ll get more for my money.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

ORDERED
rack of pork ribs
500g of slow cooked pork ribs
with Havana bbq glaze, served with
chips & crunchy slaw salad 29.9

passionfruit granita
Passionfruit & lime blended ice
granita, mixed berries,
mint leaves 6.9

SALTED CARAMEL
CHURRO Scroll new!
Churro scroll topped with vanilla
ice cream, salted caramel sauce
& caramel popcorn 13.5 - TO GO

I really enjoyed the atmosphere. Clean premises. Lovely and attentive staff. The slow cooked pork ribs were tender and the salad and chips fresh and crunchy.
Let's do dinner again soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Have eaten many times at this restaurant and have always been satisfied with both the food, the service and most especially the staff! Our favourites are: the pork belly (crunchy); the prawns, chorizo and haloumi (heaven!) and their Havana dip plate all washed down with the sangria, perfect!

1  Thank MrsLunchy
Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Some of the food was nice but most was pretty ordinary.. although the very young staff were eager & friendly, they could use more training & best to have an experienced person on hand..
Don't order the vegetarian nachos as scattered beans only ( yuk).
The helpings were too small, except for the ice cream waffles desert- that was great.
So I'm in no rush to go back but if invited I'll go

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Went to this place and waited an hour for our food. Everyone is really hungry.

Altho they gave us free hot drinks at the end to compensate for it.

We asked if they have at least something to give us to nibble on as we are all hungry.
They gave us hot chips.

Ordered nachos grande, not happy with it. The tortilla chips are not that crispy and the pulled beef on it is already cold.

Probably not going back there anymore.